UCSD Speaker Asks Muslim Student to Condemn Hamas

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Sep 15, 2014.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

What a great cover.

[​IMG]

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. If you're looking for someone to blame find their parents. If another country has a ground assault taking place around you and you're notified of an impending attack where would your kids be? On the beach building sand castles? Never mind the IDF also provided maps for evacuation and safe zones. Find me another military that goes to the lengths the IDF has to avoid civilian casualty.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Actually, I blame the *******s that kept firing rockets and carrying out tunnel raids against Israel for the deaths.

I agree with your post following this quoted post. Israel is not innocent in any of this, but I can't blame them for acting to defend their people. Israel should be more careful in their targeting, but there would be fewer civilian deaths if Hamas didn't use the people they claim to be helping as human shields.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, given that designated safe areas were hit at least 3 times, houses were hit, pretty much everywhere was fair game, I don't know where I would have my kids. I mean, they're literally walled the **** in. Where would you have them?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cool. What difference does that make to a dead civilian?

6. JayVols

Hamas should be asked the same exact question.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

They ****ing are, by you and many others. You guys act like calling Hamas bad dudes is a novel opinion.

8. JayVols

Being perfectly honest, I don't give two shits what happens to folks like Hamas. They've earned that attitude.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay. Neither do I. How is that relevant? Or do you think 0-8 year olds are Hamas agents?

10. OrangeEmpire

I would hope that no one does.

I'm not sure how any thing is solved without the complete removal of Hamas. I'm not advocating military removal either. Got to hit them in the pockets.

Even if you want to call them legitimate election winners, these cats are in control of the political narrative.

11. JayVols

They would be alive if Hamas hadn't pulled their shit.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Im curious what people think fixes this.
    Who does what?
    Who gives up what?
    Who is responsible to start the process?

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And that does not in any way absolve Israel. That's all I'm saying. Well, that and the "should have checked your text messages" argument is just flat wrong.

14. OrangeEmpire

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It doesn't matter, because both sides want the other side dead.

16. OrangeEmpire

I agree, it has nothing to do with land.

17. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Israel has tried for peace with Palestine, and tried for many cease fires all which Hamas broke every time.

18. JayVols

Are we to blame for all the civilians killed in Dresden or was that Hitler's fault? Did we warn them?

How about those killed in the firebombing of Japanese cities of Yokohama, Tokyo, Toyama, Nagoya, Osaka, Nishinomiya, Siumonoseki, Kure, Kobe, Omuta, Wakayama, Kawasaki, Okayama, Yawata, Kagoshima, Amagasaki, Sasebo, Moh, Miyakonoio, etc etc etc? Did we warn them?

War is hell. While the loss of innocent life is reprehensible, it is a product of war. Don't kill the baddest dude on the block's innocents and then cry outrage when your innocents are caught in the response because you are hiding among those innocents. I can't get past that simple fact.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

You are saying Israel has never broken a cease fire? That's a pretty bold position

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Its not about land but Im not sure both sides seek the extermination of the other.