UCSD Speaker Asks Muslim Student to Condemn Hamas

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Her response to his question of whether she is for or against the Hamas leaders comment, "I hope all Jews gather in Israel, so that we don't have to hunt them down around the globe."

Is this what tolerance looks like? Or is this its just end?

[youtube]8fSvyv0urTE[/youtube]

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Will he condemn the IDF? No. So what does this tell us? Nothing new.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just have a hard time seeing any good guys in this. I've heard Jewish people gleefully talk about driving the Palestinians into the sea.

4. Tenacious D

What should the IDF be condemned for?

Are they both condemnable?

Is the IDF particularly condemnable?

I don't know, so I ask.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The IDF has the power to eradicate Hamas in Gaza, yet they don't. If Hamas had the power to eradicate Israel, you can bet they would have already done it.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well they've killed hundreds of civilians with little more than an "oops" this summer alone. That's not good. I wonder if that makes some people resentful?

7. Tenacious D

Maybe their are no good / bad guys in this.

But I am legitimately curious as to why so many on the left seem to be in support of Hamas, of late.

I don't want to assume.

8. JayVols

I'm sure the family of Jewish kid that was kidnapped and murdered that got the thing going is pretty resentful too.

9. Tenacious D

Don't most military actions result in civilian casualties?

Or, has the IDF been targeting civilians?

How is it that Hamas can wage war on Israel, and not harm anyone but combatants, and yet the IDF cannot do the same? That is troubling.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

**** her. And **** her organization she supports.

This isn't a religious issue. These pieces of shit spread hate. You fight hate on that level with the utmost of firepower. They want their 70 virgins? Get their sorry asses on the fast track. Her [itch bay] ass too.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. If they did have that power, they clearly would. They don't without going into full genocide mode. Conventional militaries can't wipe out guerrilla fighters. That's the point. Likewise, the shitty and cowardly rocket attacks are because that is all they can do to Israel. So they stalemate, killing civilians on each side randomly.

12. Tenacious D

Wait, are you suggesting that Hamas seeks the eradication of Israelis?

That can't possibly be true.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Haha, I never implied anything of the sort. You're constructing your straw man. I'll just leave you to it.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know a sizeable portion of Israelis and their government want to eradicate Palestine, right? Or is that not part of the Tom Clancy scenario you've conjured?

15. JayVols

They have the firepower. Don't kid yourself.

You are defending an organization dedicated to the very genocide you abhor.

16. JayVols

This.

**** 'em. They've earned it.

17. JayVols

I take people at their word until they give me reason not to do so.

I've seen nothing from Hamas and/or Hezbollah to make me doubt their statements of dedication to the eradication of Israel.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Where the **** did I defend them, Jay? I just don't kiss and crown Israel's ass like most Americans blindly do. The level of willful ignorance on Israeli-Palestine relations is unbelievable.

19. JayVols

I don't kiss their ass either. Does Israel have it's problems? Absolutely. The difference here is that Israel isn't dedicated to the extinction of Muslims. I can't say the same about Hamas. It's in their charter. Also, Israel has sought and achieved peace with Arab nations. Hamas still seeks the death of all Jews.

20. Tenacious D

What an ugly accusation to make, IP.

I'm advancing nothing. In fact, I've been transparent about my ignorance.

You said that IDF killed civilians, and that's why they should be condemned. I asked why they were targeting civilians, and how Hamas could do the same, but somehow manage to not similarly harm Israeli civilians.

Wouldn't that be a point for Hamas?