UCSD Speaker Asks Muslim Student to Condemn Hamas

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

It would be nice if they didn't have to take their existence so seriously.

- Jihadists

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Oh well, far too much effort to find.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Then nothing will change.

As long as they are attacking, the IDF will respond. I can't blame them. A gov'ts first responsibility is to defend their people. Stop the rockets. Abandon the tunnel attacks and all the other BS seeking to murder and you'll see a change.

Israel needs to stop the settlements too.

4. OrangeEmpire

It's a shit show all the way around and the people trying to survive are being used as pawns.

I'm not sure there is a winnable solution.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Thinking there is a way for both to sit at a table and straighten out generations of breed hate naive.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

There must be, OE.

7. OrangeEmpire

Maybe with future generations.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I don't understand what you're getting at. The points made in the video are to help folks understand what has transpired and the various actions that have been taken to try and address the situation. There's plenty of blame to go around. As the video states, granting equal rights to Palestinians in neighboring Arab countries would be extremely beneficial. Acting as though Israel is the only reason a Palestinian country has never been realized is silly.

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not acting as if that is the only reason. The Middle East is composed of bullshit countries that were drawn in by the Allies after WW1.

I am saying that the video takes a "victim" stance for Israel, as if Israel is not a major player and force on the issue.

12. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

What are they supposed to do? Let Hamas keep bombing them? Disappoint IP

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

What are they supposed to do? Let Israel keep shelling them? This isn't a black and white issue.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Curious to see what happens when the elections take place.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The Palestinian people should just grin and bear it when Israeli forces blow up the sand fortresses that their children are building on the beach, along with said children. If they don't, they are obviously terrorist sympathizers.

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Or pay attention to the flyers, texts, emails, etc that the IDF issues well prior to any action in a specific area.

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'd suggest a peaceful approach rather than an aggressive one.

18. OrangeEmpire

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh, so its a bunch of 8 year olds fault that they are dead because they didn't get the memo before Israeli forces blindly fired on a beach populated with children?

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

**** Hamas, but Israel has its part in this too