US Soccer Using "Foreigners"

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Dec 17, 2015.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Do marathon runners grab, pull, run into and hit one another? "Accidentally" kick each other in the shins?

That is news to me.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I assume you grew up in LA? The rest of the USA was very different. Here in TN there were almost NO soccer leagues until 10-15 years ago. Sure, there was the AYSO here and there, but I can tell you 90% of kids where not playing it.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Marathon runners don't (normally) have people trying to tackle them while they're running... I do have respect for guys like Scott Jurek that run 100+ mile races regularly. I have a friend who led a group of bicyclists on a 45 day ride across the U.S. it was a series of 100+ mile rides every day, with a very few rest days built in. She wrote a book about it and it's pretty fascinating reading...

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The national youth participation rates were very high and have been for decades.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Where I grew up we barely knew what it was.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Well that wasn't true in the rest of the country. Now people stopped playing at 10 though

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We had a league and it folded when I was 8 or 9. I was terrible, but I played.

I do chuckle at people who run it down. Almost like we will become Europe because we play soccer.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Best defensive shortstop I've ever played against in baseball or softball was a gay dancer. Dude could cover the entire left side of the field in about three steps. Ran on his toes line he was on the stage.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

I wish we'd had it. I'd have been good.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

We've got Obama for that

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I swear 80% of the boys in my elementary school classes played rec soccer in Johnson City. This was 20 years ago. Maybe JC is an anomaly, but I'd doubt it.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Sugar Ray Robinson was a dancer.

14. kidbourbon

Where the hell did you grow up?

15. JohnnyQuickkick

Gibson County, Tennessee.

16. kidbourbon

17. kidbourbon

"the decision to end the pay gap between men and women in soccer wouldn't cost anything."

Huh?

[​IMG]

18. kidbourbon

I don't know anything about Gibson County and I'm not one to diss on a location, but soccer was prevalent where I grew up in West "by God" Virginia. So it would stand to reason that it should be prevalent pretty much anywhere.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I have no idea what she's trying to say there, other than, if she's saying that she should get paid the same as men, then she's out of her [dadgum] mind. There's this whole set of USA women's soccer fans that are sort of Lady Vol-fanish when it comes to the men's vs. women's stuff. I felt that the women did have a good point on the surface of the World Cup this past summer, but their talk gets out of hand sometimes. And, let's be clear about this, the USA women's team doesn well because 95% of the world doesn't give two shits about women's soccer or just women, in general. The German men's team plays the #75 team in the world and they probably get a decent game. The US women play the #50 team and it's 9-0.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

It wasn't. I think there was probably a league in Jackson, but it wasn't something very many people did

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015