Vol Colonel On Tony Basilio

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Dec 6, 2016.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Saying that Debord will retire. Mark Helfrich will replace him. Martinez is gone, and Shoop will he allowed to hire his replacement. And a new S&C coach from NFL ranks is coming in

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Too little too late...

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Mahoney should be fired also

4. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Helfrich? The ****? That's a mighty fall.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why wait for a car crash to buckle up?

6. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

That doesn't make sense. Why would we allow him to clean house on assistants? How do you bring in new assistants when the head coach hasn't been extended in 2 years and is a dead man walking. Unless, Hart is thinking of giving him an extension on the way out the door.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I would personally drive to Knoxville and kick him right in the cooch if he does that. Seriously.

8. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I have a feeling that is about to happen, IF the rumors of Butch getting to change assistants is correct.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They did it to Dooley

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Thought I read somewhere that the S&C is the guy from the Rams. Rock something

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a great OC, look what he did at Oregon!

Oh, Chip Kelly called the plays and ran the offense.

But look at how he developed those QBs at Oregon, Mariota won the Heisman!

Oh, Chip was the de facto QB coach too.

But he beat us in 2013!

But it was against Butch.

This is how my conversations go with people talking about Helfrich being a good hire.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Click bait.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the frontrunner

14. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

They did? It wasn't major assistant spots that I remember. Wilcox left on his own and Sunseri came in. Chaney was the OC the whole time wasn't he?

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If you re not gonna fire him today, you can't keep him from making changes regardless if he has one foot in the grave.

Future perception of the job is in mind.

16. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

VolNation is lapping it up, of course. Does anyone over there have the ability of critical thinking?

17. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

This whole situation is so fooked up. They need to just fire him. That being said, I guess DeBord can retire but Hart can tell Butch any assistants under contract will be held to their contract.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've always thought Vol Colonel flew by the seat of his pants. He was ready to fire Butch after Oklahoma and Florida last season, and then proclaimed him the man for the job after Georgia. He's going crazy cussing on twitter after a Saturday loss and then walking it back on Monday. And he said vs Indiana in the MCB was a done deal, and then later said something to the effect of "when I say done deal I mean it could still change"

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nearly the entire defensive staff was replaced.

Jay Graham spent 9 or 10 months on the job here.

Chaney was the OC the entire time

20. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Which led to one of the worst defenses TN has ever seen. No one worth anything wanted to come work for dead man walking Dooley. All these idiots at VN who thinks staff changes for dead man walking Butch will make any difference are kidding themselves. All it will do is add to the total buyout.