VolNation Idiots

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I have a different opinion on why Pruitt hasnt wanted to use the middle of the field and it has 100% to do with not trusting the qb position

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Or screens, if you have to jump or dive for a bubble screen...

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

I do not understand why we havent sent all deep and dumped late to rb after rb chips, or flat out screens. Watching Brady, Rivers, Brees and other immobile qbs, they hit their rbs every other pass play it seems, then when lbs creep up, TE should be waiting.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If you're a lifetime defensive guy, why do you micromanage your OC? Trust the guy who you hired or get someone else. Seems like the mark of an insecure coach making rookie mistakes as a leader.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Or, its not true...

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There was one thing in that post that made me think it's all hogwash.

IP likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

it reads like fan fiction

8. Ssmiff

A-Smith is an idiot?!?

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We all knew that.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It probably has kernels of truth, but not the unvarnished. I have little doubt there is frustration among some of the coaches.

11. Ssmiff

Yeah no doubt frustration everywhere but im pretty confident Pruitt isnt micromanaging chaney due to him not liking to use crossing routes, etc which allow his speed at wr to get in open spaces against a good matchup.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Do you want Guarantano throwing crossing routes and having to read the middle of a defense?

Memtownvol and InVolNerable like this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ansley is wanting an NFL job again

14. Ssmiff

No and thats what im saying. Its about JG not throwing it into the arms of the other team, not pruitt being anti big strong wrs running good routes and undermining or micromanaging Chaney. Offensive staff and HC decision.
    Hell Bailey threw across the middle more last week than we have all year it seems

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

At first I was skeptical but calling Fulmer “Fultummy” really sold me enough to paste it over here.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The fact that HT regressed this year is telltale though, IMO. Players getting worse between Freshman and Sophomore year means the coaching is just awful. That never happened under Majors (that I know of) and Fulmer

17. Ssmiff

He had sr Bituli in charge next to him last year . This year he is running the show and has Banks next to him. Makes a difference imo.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fulmer's players were great from the time they stepped foot on campus or never amounted to much.

I wouldn't say To'oto'o has regressed but they're asking him to do way too much.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Seriously, what player got better as the years progressed under Fulmer? Ainge was pretty damn good as a freshman then got hurt. Meachem had knee problems and finally got healthy and became a 1st rounder. Those two jump out at me.

Guys like Hefney, who never got better were the norm

20. Ssmiff

I dont think you can discount Fulmer for all those NFL players mainly from his really good 4 year run and say he did nothing to make them better. They all didnt come in as true freshmen, ready for the NFL.