We just stepped on their faces with a hobnail boot!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I welcome anything that gets some legit fire back in this fanbase, including the #WGWTFA chant.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Another thing, on Georgia's last touchdown drive, the only guys going after the QB were the four down lineman. No blitzes at all on that drive. When Shoop was hired, wasn't he quoted as saying something about coming after the QB on last minute drives when asked about last year's UF game?

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[video=youtube;w8SmOYEOL3s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8SmOYEOL3s[/video]

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You know what is absolutely hilarious? It is the ubiquitous inclusion of the Surrender Cobra, among all fan bases. It is stunning how often you see this pose.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I mean, it even got a name

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's always been there. Since ancient times. The Egyptians worshipped the Surrender Cobra as the god of the dead. Iirc

7. JohnnyQuickkick

I don't really fault him. Barnett and Vereen had been getting there often.

Also considering the previous guy rushed 3 as well as leaving a spy, well, it's an improvement

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You mean the French?

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Don't fault him either, just thought it was a big difference than what he said he'd do in that situation.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

He brought 5 on the 4th down against Florida.

I mean, do what you think is the right thing to do, not necessarily what you said at your intro press conference

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

[video=youtube;9fBw7A2zlP4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fBw7A2zlP4[/video]

Different footage, closeups of the celebration

12. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I cannot seem to get tired of watching these UT/GA vids.

13. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

That was incredible.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I know comes with the territory of winning on a last minute play but I feel like I see Dobbs and Jones talking about it to the media constantly. It's long past time to move on and focus on aTm.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I know right!? I've watched that last play at least 150 times and it never gets old.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I had to Google hobnail boot.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I bought the orange one with the play diagram. Looking forward to wearing it around Atlanta.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I have a pair of replica Civil War era brogans with hobnails in them. True story.

Out in a field, those leather bottoms are slicker than semen on a marble without the hobnails & heel plates. Ironically, you'll break your neck wearing them on any modern indoor surface that isn't carpet.