We just stepped on their faces with a hobnail boot!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 1, 2016.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

16?

Damn. I really am old.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ha

3. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Act like you've been here before." hahaha, he's never been around anything like this team. It's a cosmic fluke that he is.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It looked like the tackles should have not been legal. Don't know if they were or not. Thought the same thing.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm also pretty sure he got his toe down on the catch on the sideline.

7. One more thing: I heard more than one Georgia fan say "roll tide" after the game. Take that for what you will.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Whaaaa?

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Shortly after the game ended, I was thinking I wish he was still around to call this one.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Obnoxious Tennessee fans are back!

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

So was taking a knee.

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'd get one if it was more creative than a dumb ass hash tag.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I bought one

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have a UGA graduate I deal with weekly. I will wear it around him as much as possible

17. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

That's fantastic.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Butch doing his best to try and ruin this for me. Did he seriously just try and take credit for a ****ing Hail Mary? I've already had a Jones slurper on my Facebook link this and say "Tell me the coaches don't know what they're doing". His ego knows no bounds. A ****ing Hail Mary and he wants credit for changing the alignment. **** off. **** off so hard.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

To all of you younger guys, who missed the experience of the '82 win versus Bama, the '85 Auburn game & Sugar Bowl, the Miracle at South Bend, or even '98's Florida, Arkansas or NC win, here's a submission, respectfully submitted for your consideration:

Treasure this.
    Savor it.
    Really take a few minutes to allow yourself to fully appreciate it.

Now, you have your moment, too. Don't let any of us well-intended older guys sully or diminish it in any way. Ignore all of this talk about Butch Jones, Mike DeBoard, the ineptitude of the series that lead to that moment, as being of complete unimportance. Irrelevant, even.

He caught the ball, and we won the game. And you were most fortunate to have experienced it. No more complicated, and requires no further commentary, than that.

Tragically, but also quite rightfully, moments like these don't happen but a very scant few times in your life, but you'll remember them - and every minute detail surrounding them - for the rest of your life, and just as vividly as you did when it happened.

And that will be enough. More than enough.

Everything else is just a bunch of well-intended old men, each with our own deep and dusty closets of Tennessee miracles, and who have become imperceptibly jaded, somewhere along the way.

Relish every second of it, unabashedly, and without either hesitation or fear to need any reason, explanation or defense for your unchecked adoration for this moment.

It's yours to fully enjoy. That's what makes it great.