Weirdness Surrounding The Basketball Program.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, May 7, 2013.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Why would Golden having been benched in an SEC Tourney game we won have helped?

2. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

we looked terrible because CM was trying to play guys like Lopez and still had Kenny the cooler Hall playing big minutes. When he went to the 4-1 like he should've done at the beginning of the year, they went on a tear. Not coincidentally, I believe if you look at the last two games of the year, Hall and Trae played big minutes and CM reverted back to some of his early season coaching errors and bad game plans.
    I do remember it was great to see his energy after he came back. It was as if it freshened his legs and he had a couple of solid games, but it didn't last long.

3. limpleg

I meant the Ga game and Bama game. If we win those two late in the year we are in and his effort was not good.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

about all i can do is shake my head at this juncture

5. hatvol96

Honestly, seeing who got in and what appeared to be the criteria, I'm not positive winning those does it.

6. hatvol96

How would things have gone if we benched him against Missouri?

7. limpleg

He played well. Problem was with Trae is that if he got off too a slow start, it affected his game, then affected the other guys on the court. Trae just wasn't consistent and I won't miss wondering if he will show up and play or walk around and sulk. Once he started hanging his head and sulking, he needed to just sit and wait for the next game. If he got out good out of the gate, ride him because you don't know what will happen next game.

8. hatvol96

If the other guys stunk because of someone else, that's on them. It's also on the coach. As Huggs once famously said "The leader here is me. That's why I get paid 3 mil and the kids get scholarship money."

9. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Even for the anti-Golden people, I would love to hear Tennessee's alternative from this past season? Take away McRae away from being a scorer to being a below average ball handler? Letting Armani Moore commit double digit turnovers against any competition worth a dang? Watching Brandon Lopez not only be a non factor on offense, but also watching his standing around on offense, essentially making Tennessee play 4 on 5 on the offensive end? I'll take Golden's below average body language over the characteristics of the other contributors from last season.

10. hatvol96

I think anyone who read this space or heard me on the radio knows Trae pissed me off a whole bunch. However, he's nowhere near as bad as he's portrayed.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I salute this quality post

12. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

13. limpleg

All I have really stated is that trae wasn't a good leader on the floor and has subpar ballhandling skills for a pg, especially one going into a Sr year and ballhandling hasn't improved in the previous 3.
    The rest is just added fluff, but that's the gist. If people disagree, so be it.

14. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Any news at all on Barton. I don't care if it's just the he had the green jello instead of the red at the Maryland dining hall. Anything?

15. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I'm all for that.

16. PoochPunt3rdDown

Is Barton sneaking into Knoxville after his visit to Maryland?

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Things fall apart.

18. PoochPunt3rdDown

Chinua Achebe agrees.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

died recently, no?

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I can actually even live with a tough year because winning without a PG is nigh upon impossible, but I want to see freaking evidence of coaching (tactics, strategy and individually) helping overcome the deficiencies.

Without a lone month of hot shooting from McRae this season, the seat would be dramatically hotter right now - and it should be. The coaching has clearly been lacking.