What does Butch have to do...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If I get time I am going to break the O down since Oklahoma by personel group/ tendency on 1st/tendency on3rd/ and everything from the 35 on in. I hypothesis that our play calling is drastically different once we cross the 35.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Why do you think Peterman started the uf game last year?

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This year. 2016 guys will laugh at him if there aren't more wins

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Groves' mouth opens. Truth spills out.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I would like to see that but also am scared to see it.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I've only done the OU game and the 1st Qtr of the UGA game. So far all I can summarize is that we are predictable yet chaotic. I've seen the orbit motion 5 times with positive yardage being gained on one of those. We are consistent until we get near the 35 then it is like he pulls out a redzone playbook and his decisions are no longer dictated on what the defense has been giving him throughout the game and drive.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Maybe the cliche$ and $henanigan$ aren't why Butch i$ landing $o many good recruit.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'd rather take a paycut to have a better job, AKA one where you win

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I really look forward to seeing what you come up with, Huff.

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I don't think that's how it works.

11. JayVols

I don't know if you have the time and/or desire, but I'd love to see down and distance/play chart.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What works? You can get paid to go to any sec school. You go where you can win and get paid

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm doing down and distance but past that I'm not identifying each and every one of our OC's formations. That would be ****ing torture. I'm doing personnel groups but designating specific sets like when 1-1-3 is in but are lined up in 5-wide. Other than that i'm charting run or pass and anything else that catches my eye.

14. JayVols

That's fine. Formations would be nice to see at some point, but I don't have the time nor patience to do it. I'd just like to see how they tried to block out of each formation to get the entire picture.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Careful guys, opposing coaches and/or players read message boards. They could use your work to construct our play book.*

*This is obviously false in every way.

16. JayVols

They already have it. Crash the ends to the RB, blitz, press ccoverage- game over.

17. kidbourbon

Recruiting. Kids go to schools because they develop a relationship with a/the coach.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Must be love hate with Saban.

19. kidbourbon

Not following.

20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If he wants to win me back after the Florida debacle, he has to sweep November.