What does Butch have to do...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 8, 2014.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Don't be so critical

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Me? Eloquent?

I'm from Goshen, by God, Valley. Ain't nothing eloquent about that.

Besides, I've always been fond of "Legion of Miserables". It just has a nice ring to it.

3. JayVols

Critical rocks, critical dude.

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Lawd knows we've eaten enough shit sandwiches already, what's a few more amongst friends.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I've got the weird notion that we play really well against Ole Miss. Probably something I ate for breakfast, but still...

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No.

From his perspective, that was the best $18M that Cheek ever "loaned" (read: he agreed to steal that lesser amount, over 3 years) to anyone.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don't get the reference.

8. JayVols

It's Butch's goto word.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Process = Prize

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

If he doesn't win 6 this year, he can take his act back to Michigan. I'm sure he can come up with some catchy phrases about the maze and blue

11. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Deal with the obvious problems.
    I am not sure the record in an of itself will do much for me. Although if the team wins out then I am definitely going to have confidence in him. But doing that would mean a substantive addressing of the problems.

I thought about saying "Beat Bama" but that really would not do it because fluke shit happens - like last year against S. Carolina.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Leave after signing day

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will be honest, I do not want to go through another coaching search.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm fine with not having football if Dave Hart is still the AD

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm sure people will disagree, but it's definitely not the best thing for us right now, again

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just let him stockpile talent if nothing else for a couple of more years. If he proves us wrong on the field, great.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Exactly

18. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

If this current (and former) administration has shown anything, it's that they could f**k up virtually any and all slam dunk hires.

Given the revolving door this Athletic Department has had with head coaches, and their penchant for mid major hires over proven coaching commodities or even proven up-and-comers, what confidence should we have that Butch & Co. will be replaced with anything other than a comparable head coach and staff, assuming their shelf-life is limited to four years in Knoxville?

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There is at least a small part of me that wonders if Saturday wasn't the straw that broke the camels back and we're going to get some long-overdue adjustments.

Didn't listen to Vol Calls last night, but saw a tweet that said we're changing some blocking schemes. Anyone else see that?

20. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I have no doubt there will be "adjustments" and differences.
    The problem is that the likelihood of them being smart, intelligent adjustments of specific and identifiable problems strikes me as being low.

Much more likely - knee-jerk reactions to change only in an effort to say changes were made.