What Was The Reason

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Steve C., Feb 29, 2012.

1. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

I received this chance to contribute to this magnificent board?

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Everyone deseves a 1,000th chance.

3. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

I'm certainly thankful, whatever the reason.

4. WM

WM Active Member

The Darryl Strawberry of posters.

5. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Dad says dude could rake, so I'll take it.

6. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Yes he became a landscaper. Admirable profession.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Smoked more than he cut.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I remember watching Strawberry play rookie ball in Kingsport as a kid. There was always some redneck in the stands at Dobyns-Bennett's baseball field that would yell ' He ain't no Strawberry,. He's a Blackberry!' every time he was announced to bat. There's some real 'neck in these parts.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just don't [uck fay] it up, steve. I have no idea how it has happened. You are behaving, so that may have a lot to do with it.

10. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

You've got that right. I'm moving to NY as soon as it's financially feasible. We'll have to hang at a game or something before then.

11. JayVols

Sounds good.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If you think avoiding narrow-minded people will be achieved by moving to NY... well... I wouldn't be so sure of that.

13. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Not at all; didn't intend to imply that. NY has more educated and intelligent people, and the former's a fact.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

That is true. But that city also doesn't have biscuits and gravy worth squat, or a Krystal burger for 600 miles. Important factoids, imo.

15. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

Just be like NYYVol and be a bandwagon NY sports fan, and enjoy the best of both worlds.

16. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

TD likes his coffee black with 2 sugars, Steve C.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Only true because of massive population advantages. NY also has more dumbasses.

A little known fact that probably isn't true is that the small community of Princeton, KY has the highest number of PhD's per capita of any place in the US, mainly due to the University of Kentucky's College of Agriculture's annex being located in the middle of nowhere. There are also a tremendous number of dumbasses per capita in Princeton. I take this as anecdotal evidence that, on average, the mean of any given population falls in about the same place as any other on the genius/dumass scale.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Exactly.

19. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

I agree. I have never intended to imply that NY has more "geniuses" than other cities on a per capita basis. I love NY for other reasons, which can be proven.

20. JayVols

I understand what you are trying to say. If that's what makes you happy, go for it. Different strokes for different folks. I have been to NYC twice. Enjoyed the visits, no way in hell I want to live there. I'm a country boy. I love it where I am. As my dad used to say, 'I wouldn't live anywhere where I couldn't fart without someone else having to smell it.' My dad was a rural philosopher. I like using the term, I like to be able to take a whiz off my front or back porch. My house is in the middle of my 100 acre farm with a river in my back yard. I can whiz anywhere I want. I wouldn't change that for a million dollars.