What Was The Reason

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Steve C., Feb 29, 2012.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Absolutely true! Nothing like living in the country! Unlimited bathrooms!

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

on a percentage basis, none of that is fact.

3. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Only because markets aren't allowed to flow freely. Remove the "affordable housing" and "projects" and then look at the numbers.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

silliness

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

You do not have to prove your love for NY to me; I will take you at your word.

I do not particularly care for the city.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Steady. You've got a good run going here.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Once NYC or Kiffin gets brought up, it's goin downhill for Mr. [unt cay].

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I heard that Kiffin said NYC sucks.

TIFWIW

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I wish. Imagine how great that thread would be.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Steve, this thread is an extreme danger to you. So is you posting about the beautiful city of New York. Careful.

11. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

You know the NYC real estate market is the strongest in the world, along with London, right? You do know that financially well-off people tend to be educated people, right? Replace affordable housing/subsidized housing/whatever with new luxury condos = more educated people living in New York City and, conversely, less poorly-educated people living in NYC. How is that silly?

12. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Thanks for looking out for me, IP. I am aware of the precarious position in which this thread has inadvertently put me. That said, I don't think I've yet posted anything ban-worthy.

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of NYC myself.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

How is this different from any other city, anywhere, ever? That was the silliness, I believe, to which he remarked.

If you remove all the poor... then yes, you will be left with the rich, and thus be left with a higher proportion of well educated individuals. You stated the obvious, as if it was a revelation.

15. Oldvol75

Just for my information, how will these people move from affordable housing/subsidized housing to luxury condos? They are there because they been in the "system",on the most part, all their lives. Or are you talking about displacing them so richer, more educated people can move in? Confused.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd like to know what we're supposed to do with said people once we kick them out for our new luxury condos.

17. Oldvol75

me too

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Ban comin

19. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

You guys are correct. I don't even know why I was arguing against it. My zest for something I love led me to make that mistake.

20. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

^ I guess.