What woman should they put on the 10 dollar bill?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by A-Smith, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Jackson in 1860, at best, only delays the inevitable. The Civil War was coming, not to mention necessary as a cleansing for this country, even for the South. Franklin has his place in American history, but I would take him off currency before I would Hamilton. Despite not being a president, he may have the best case for actually being on our currency based upon his status and actions as the first Secretary of the Treasury. While we're at it, James Madison is more deserving of his own bill than many who are already on our currency.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Agreed on all points.

3. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Whoa now. Franklin, like the rest of us, had his "moments" but his overall contributions to the greater good certainly transcends all else

4. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Was my second choice to Elizabeth Blackwell

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Without Franklin (America's first Ambassador) gaining France's (financial & military) support we undoubtedly lose the revolution and there is no US currency

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Whatever woman it is, she better be making a sandwich.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Without Ben Franklin, America doesn't exist today. Period.

8. CardinalVol

Why can't it just be a picture of a woman making a sandwich?

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How about Betty Crocker?

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Was it really a tough sale?

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I thought my original and unnoticed Anna Kournivova and Rachel Ray suggestions were rather humorous.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

You really need ask?

13. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Go the state/quarter route and theme by region.

Annie Oakley

14. CardinalVol

I'm fine with it being Anna K making a sandwich, even though she's not American (I don't think, is she a citizen now?)

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I actually don't know. My gut is that France was itching for another fight with Britain for dominance in the New World after the 7 years/French and Indian War.

16. CardinalVol

I believe he still had to sell it. And he had to continually sell that it wasn't a lost cause along the way. He also played a great role of the moderate in many of the early important national meetings. He was the glue that held everything together. If not for him, we don't make it, IMO.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

England was the number one super power in the world and France had just lost a war to them.

I don't see them dying to jump in with a 13 colonists trying to over throw the monarchy to give power to individuals as an easy sell.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Washington was the backbone that held it all together but franklin was the voice that sold the idea making it possible

19. CardinalVol

No doubt.

But they were both needed. Washington's general presence and Franklin's ability to toe the line perfectly.

20. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

If nothing else, Franklin supported Enlightenment ideas of human liberty.

Good enough for me.