White teacher wins discrimination lawsuit

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by InVolNerable, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Interesting thought.
    Who is "they"?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The people who rioted.

3. Beechervol

I haven't read too awful much about the story. Is it just random people in the town?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Neighbors, from what I gather. Though they said it spread to neighboring communities, so I assume just folks that were initially mobilized to protest the shooting that then got carried away or simply took advantage of being in a mob.

5. Beechervol

I can understand being upset wanting answers but why break and steal other peoples stuff?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know. Like I said, one explanation is that they feel totally disenfranchised and ignored.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Maybe. I don't view destroying and stealing other folks property (that have absolutely nothing to do with it) as a method of empowerment. If nothing else, it shows a lack of self control and how irrational some people can be though.

8. Beechervol

You would hope at some point they figure out that breaking their neighbors doors and windows out and then stealing their stuff is not gonna change that.

If anything it adds fuel to the fire.

I just watched a couple of clips and read a little bit about it.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That doesn't explain the looting, however, does it? I always attribute the looting as simply to some people taking advantage of the chaos.

10. Beechervol

Yeah. It sounds like it started as a typical protest and turned into what you posted. People taking advantage of the chaos to break stuff and steal stuff.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. But I see it as akin to a child's tantrum. And I think tantrums are similarly motivated.

12. NorrisAlan

And a mob's intelligence is inversely proportionate to the total of the individual IQ's of those in it. Mobs cause normally sane people to do some rather regretful and unfortunate things.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

What are they protesting though? They obviously don't know the facts yet and it's not as though this is following a decision in a courtroom. That's what I don't understand.

14. NorrisAlan

Not saying this is the case here, but people often do not wait for the facts. They assume and act. Also, and again not claiming any factual knowledge here, but sometimes there are instigators that also show up just to prod a group to become a mob and cause this kind of thing.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess we'd just have to be there. But then, I dislike crowds.

16. Beechervol

Not sure, as you stated there are many facts missing at this point. I don't have as much issue with a protest (ignorant or not) as I do with the destruction and theft of innocent property. Those people are selfish and are taking away from a sad situation no matter the reason for why it happened, just to get some free stuff.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. the initial outburst is legit anger, the rest is opportunity.