White teacher wins discrimination lawsuit

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by InVolNerable, Aug 9, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

100 percent! Holy shit!

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Everyone can have a gun; thus making your "with power" clause irrelevant.

IP to attempt a rescue in 3, 2, 1...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Other than the fact that it's been noted on a number of occasions in this thread that it can be applied to minorities, but, **** it, why ruin your agenda, huh?

4. Unimane

Or, anyone can become racist, thus validating my "with power" clause.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ok then why use that caveat in the first place?

The hate whitey professor pulling the agenda card is hilarious btw

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The hell with it.

Kill WHITEY!!!!

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Fyp

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

If applied fairly, there's nothing wrong with his definition. It doesn't minimize racism by minorities under the way Uni has been using it in this discussion. He's been fair about it.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Because it is like saying that racism is prejudice "with water" (or anything else available to all). Why have the caveat?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Horseshit. Why mentioned it at all then?

11. Unimane

Because there's a large discrepancy between types of prejudice. For an extreme example, a slave who hated white people is at a much different degree of prejudice than a slave owner who hated black people. Saying they're both racist isn't an accurate representation of their status or situation. And, again, it isn't like prejudice is good or irrelevant when someone is "merely" prejudiced. It just means they aren't able to use their prejudice against anyone to any effect.

12. Unimane

Yes, calling me a hate whitey professor certainly doesn't suggest any kind of agenda.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Bump

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Then not just say there are different levels of racism? When you say certain people aren't racist you can't see how that appears to downplay their actions to something inconsequential.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Does that simply bring it to, hate due to color is racism because anyone has the ability or power.

16. Unimane

Bump for VolDad.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If I taught economics i certainly wouldn't be offended if you called me a supply and demand professor.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You would think.

19. Unimane

Because it's entirely reasonable to use different words to describe different situations. If some people can't, don't want or are unable to determine the difference, that doesn't mean the word loses it's meaning.

20. Unimane

I'm kind of thinking that one has a little more of a negative connotation than the other and more representative of an agenda, as well.