White teacher wins discrimination lawsuit

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by InVolNerable, Aug 9, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I already answered it. but when mention it at all if all things are equal?

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

1. At least you are, somewhat, admitting you only give a shit about racism in one direction. But, hey, at least you didn't defend Sterling. Maybe you can actually criticize someone like that in the future. Baby steps.

2. Travelled plenty. If you think places like Canada, England or France aren't about the same as the US, then you are clueless.

3. Your hatred of Ethnic Studies types is a direct relation to #1. Of course, I just teach a history class. that it focuses on black history surely makes me a problem and a brainwasher of youth. What utter nonsensical bullshit.

3. Unimane

Not really, but I'm not surprised you all didn't.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

1. I criticized the shit out of him. Please feel free to mention the racism I've ignored from white people in the past. feel free to use some examples.

2. England and France? Are you kidding me? Let's leave out throwing bananas at black soccer players how about direct persecution of arabs and gypsies? you think that would happen here?

3. Bullshit. History classes focus on events. Not on feelings and imaginary boogie men.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

How did I not answer it?

6. Unimane

1. That's such a weird demand. List people you've ignored? Too vague and big. How about, in the discussions we've had, how much have you criticized white people (and gone to great pains to avoid calling them racist) as compared to black people (and the ease in which you will call them racist, or their minions, like me)?

2. When did people in England or France throw bananas at soccer players? Are you confusing them with Italy and Spain? You really think racial epithets aren't thrown at players here? Arabs aren't exactly free from prejudice here in America and certainly not any better or worse than in England or Canada.

3. Feelings? What the **** are you talking about? The fact that you have no [dadgum] clue as to what happens in my class shines through in this one.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

1. Give me an example of a white person that has done something racist where I have "gone to great pains to avoid calling them racist." clearly there should be many many examples.

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_association_football#England Yes I think racial epithets aren't thrown at players here. Surely in the age of youtube and video phones there'd be tons of video evidence of this. Bullshit. We aren't telling them what to wear. We aren't attempting to segregate them.

3. Do I need to link you the course descriptions of the top ethnic studies departments in the country again?

8. Unimane

1. How about the fact that you couldn't defend yourself against hat's "Don't be so sure" post?

2. Are you ****ing kidding me? Nothing? Rod Sterling is the last person in American sport to think or say anything racist? So, no one threw a banana at Adam Jones last year? To say it's limited is fine, to say it doesn't happen is just stupid. It certainly doesn't happen more or less than anything in England or Canada or Sweden or any number of places.

3. Do you need me to send you my syllabus, or are you just going to continue your usual bullshit of making up my arguments and thoughts so you can argue your strawman?

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Gold.

Are you racist by chance?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

What, because he's white? Smh, beecher. Smh.

11. Beechervol

White, gun nut, lives in a rural TN county

Obvious.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

"Voodoo Economics Advisor"?

13. JayVols

Not being a smart-alec, but I don't care enough to look it up. It is what it is to some & it's something different to others. I'm comfortable with my views.

14. JayVols

I'm sectionalist.

15. Unimane

The trifecta.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The shit storm that would ensue from an incident like this in the US would be mind-blowing. If something like it had happened, they'd still be talking about it right now. I'm not sure it wouldn't be huge news if it happened at a high school level sporting event in the US.

You just don't hear about public, in front of thousands occurences like that.

17. Beechervol

Im sure I could have pulled a couple more but that was fresh and at the top.

Edit
    I assume he has power given the guns but I guess that is still on the table for debate.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Someone did it when I was in high school, no ****s were given.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

No; it is because he is white and has Mod "power".

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Let me help you - http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Prejudice_plus_power