Who Will Be The New Texas Coach?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Sep 8, 2013.

1. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

feeding his own ego could take him anywhere, unless he is old and starting to settle in to his last job.

2. limpleg

Why hasn't anyone said Gruden? Surely if he was that close to coming to UT and just a few I's and T's off, he would go to Texas.

3. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

His wife wasn't a cheerleader there, nor does he have any property nearby.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

......plus, he knows the wrong shade of orange when he sees it.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I didn't say Saban would take the job, just that Texas would likely go after him. I don't think he would, unless they get totally crazy about the $.

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

RB, if you are responding to my "SN: post" please know that wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I haven't read through the thread but Saban's name always seems to come up (in relation to the TX job), so it was just my way of throwing my $.02 in regarding the matter.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Brown trying to make him the scapegoat just like Fulmer did with Sanders, and later, Clawson.

However, the fish still rots from the head.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Diaz has been a complete disaster at Texas, he's not being made a scapegoat, he got fired for sucking out loud at his job. BYU had 350 yards rushing by the half.

9. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I wish someone would offer Saban an insane amount just to force Bama's hand in paying him more.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

David Shaw, Pat Fitzgerald and Charlie Strong would be good starts on a Texas coaching search.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Diaz might be a good pickup for someone looking for a recruiter and position coach such as the Thigpen role. He shouldn't have any problem recruiting South Florida.

12. limpleg

racist

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I agree. If he went to Texas, he'd win an NC, possibly multiple. He'd have NCs at three different schools and a good chance of having multiple NCs at two schools. He'd have a damn strong argument for best coach in college football history and for a guy like Saban, it seems like that would be hard to pass up.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Haha, no his dad was mayor of Miami.

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I wish he would try the NFL challenge again.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Imagine how easy recruiting would be for saban at Texas

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Who was responsible for the hire of Diaz? This move is treating a symptom, not curing the disease.

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I understand your point but their defense has been awful under him. No doubt Mack is trying to save his own ass but he did what anyone would do when in this situation. Plain and simple, Diaz has sucked.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Is this the earliest DC firing in NCAA history?

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Diaz seemed to being doing a good job at State, before taking the Texas job.