Who Will Be The New Texas Coach?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Sep 8, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That starts with the entire recruiting process at Texas. Mack's gotten lazy. He got his title, had his shot at a second and to become a legend, didn't, and is now coasting. The friggin similarities are scary.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Being good at MTSU and coaching a decent defense for one year at MSU aren't coaching hallmarks to me but whatever. He got one of the best gigs in the country and failed miserably and while Brown and Texas have been on a downslide for a number of years, he hasn't helped. Their defenses have been awful under him, place that blame on Brown if you wish but he should be held somewhat responsible for it as well.

3. GahLee

Do they even look outside the state of Texas anymore?

4. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

One reason I believe is because HS players in TX have such ridiculous egos and attitudes due to the culture that treats them like kings. Then when they get to Tx, its all about me, me, me, and its showing on the field. They get outworked and outefforted about every game

5. CardinalVol

Nope. They offer, if you so much as hesitate, they pull it and move on to next guy.

6. GahLee

Solid strategy.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Muschamp wasn't too great there either.

Mack's got a bunch of entitled little shit heads like Colt and Case McCoy running around the lockerroom having mommy and daddy demand answers as to why their sons are chickenshits. That's the issue and Mack allows it.

8. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Passing on Andrew Luck, RG3, and Manziel doesn't help.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

True, but the only glaring miss was RG3. Luck's dad pushed him to getting an education and Manziel was passed over by a lot of people due to his size. He committed to Oregon and begged LSU for an offer.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Look no further than the Titans, Vince Young, Bo Scaife, Michael Griffin and Ahmard Hall.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I disagree, places like MTSU and MSU would be much harder than Texas where they recruit anyone they want and really don't play a difficult schedule.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

For the record, I'm not saying Diaz is [penis] LeBeau or anything but he's better than portrayed at Texas due to the head coach and fell on the sword for him yesterday.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Luck was going to Stanford no matter what.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think the real question is how much is Tejas willing to offer? They have the money and I wouldn't be shocked in the least to see them throw some insane figures out there to see who bites.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They'll get Saban a raise

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

One of the bama fans I work with said they heard Texas+Saban+$10-15 mil range. I said no effing way....

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

bama will match any offer texas makes. saban is worth more than $15 mil a year to bama.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

No doubt, he's bringing in $100 mil + so that's a drop in the bucket when all is said and done. I just don't believe the $10-15 mil range. Saban's making what $6-7 mil now?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't believe it either btw. Texas, for whatever reason, doesn't like to go after high profile coaches.

20. CardinalVol

Me thinks the ol' Longhorn Network may change that.

Saban makes 5.3M right now. He'll be at $7.5M minimum somewhere if tu fires Brown.