Who Will Be The New Texas Coach?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Sep 8, 2013.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shaw and Fitzgerald would laugh at the thought of moving

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I just thought Texas is the one place that could pull up the Brinks truck on a coach they want.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shaw and Fitzgerald are at their alma maters though. If either leave, it's for an NFL job

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

That's true plus Texas will do something stupid like hire a Jimbo Fisher or Mike Gundy.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Diaz will land on his feet because he is a good coach who was in a shit situation. Muschamp left because he saw the writing on the wall, knew Brown wouldn't leave until they Fulmered his ass, and figured it was best to get out before the environment made him look bad.

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

It has all but become a tradition for Texas to lose one or two games a year to a team that shouldn't be able to come close. This precedes Diaz, and can only point to the team not being prepared. That falls on one guy the head coach.

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'm sure he will find another job, [ddiapos] is coaching for the Dallas Cowboys, anything is possible. You can't routinely suck at your job and expect to keep it.

8. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Once Mack is gone, I expect stories of the current football culture to start rolling out of Austin. That is an uninspired team, and it all falls on the head guy.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

They will.

10. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Money literally grows on trees in Austin.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Unlike Dooley, Diaz was actually good at his previous two stops (MTSU and MSU) and he has value as a recruiter.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Not a pot shot at Fulmer, but a legit observation...

Did anyone feel like déjàvu while watching Brown's post game presser?

It was eerily like so many of Fulmer's in 2008.

They won't fire Mack Brown, but he's going to "decide" to retire at the end of this season.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He hasn't routinely sucked, though. He had really defenses at MTSU and he got about all you could get out of MSU's talent level while he was there. He's a good defensive coordinator. I would love for him to be coaching DBs here next season.

14. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

No Applewhite love?

Interim coach, win out and secure the job?

15. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

wasn't there some deal with him and a student while he was coaching? Or is that my imagination.

16. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

If she is hotter than his wife, more power to him.

:)

The term is inappropriate relations.

17. GahLee

He has while at Texas.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's a Mack Brown problem.

19. GahLee

I wasn't advocating that Diaz was as bad as Dooley just making a point. I just don't completely agree with the notion that he's being made a scapegoat. Mack Brown is ultimately to blame here but Diaz has done nothing of note during is tenure there and deserved to be fired.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When a guy is a hell of a coach everywhere he's been, goes to a place with the reputation of Texas and fails, I put a lot more blame on the culture and the HC than the coordinator.

Hell, NFL scouts say that Texas players are, overwhelmingly, lazy, entitled brats that they want no part of. That comes from the HC.