Who Will Be The New Texas Coach?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Sep 8, 2013.

1. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

No, don't see Strong either. I think Briles and Whittingham will get serious consideration if they aren't able to lure their top choice(s).

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hiring Les Miles would be silly.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I didn't think about it until you put it this way. Now I think he's gotta be near the top of the list.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Damn, I don't know which is worse, being beat to this post, or thinking like you.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Sucks doesn't it?

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

But isn't that the problem? There's no reason to believe he's leaving Bama anytime soon. And A&M is making the most of their move to the SEC.

Miles would have more advantages and an easier path to the top at Texas.

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Do you think Texas would accept the whole Bo Schembechler schtick?

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I think Texas could do better than Miles.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Which also perfectly explains why they wind up with him.

10. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Was Brown a hot commodity coming out of North Carolina? I honestly do not remember.

Who do you think is in the Texas top 3?

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Brown was doing well at UNC. Had them ranked as high as #2 in the country at one point, if I recall correctly.

No idea on top 3, but I'd think Patterson and Briles both makes sense for a lot of reasons.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He was hardly an urban meyer out of utah or a Kelly out of cinci.

Art Briles is the name i keep hearing.

13. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Where Saban is concerned I see it playing out one of two ways either he opts for the (NFL) challenge or retires from Tusca.

No question LM would have an easier go of it.

14. I could see Saban wanting something new. I'm not sure why that's so unbelievable to some.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Maybe the NFL, but no upside to take the Texas job. He already has it running at bama. All he can do at texas is fail.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The man runs Tuscaloosa. I thought the psychotic fanbase might have run him off, but he's handled it well

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

He's handled it well by putting together one of the best five year (and counting) runs in college football history.

18. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Jimmy Johnson

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It makes no sense for Saban to leave Bama for Texas, or any other college job.

20. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Saban isn't going to TX. If he goes anywhere, he will go to the NFL for his ego and to prove himself and others that he can coach in that league. Then again, he may be to the age to where he doesn't feel like he has to prove himself or others anything.