Wussification of America

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volst53, Feb 3, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I forgot where I put the evidence.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Why in the world would the American people have to pay off a contract they had nothing to do with?

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

amazing what fed stimulus will accomplish

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I bet it's outpaced inflation.

5. JayVols

Because it's a legally binding document agreed upon by two parties?

Maybe?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Reasoned through what? Stamp prices? How am I assuming anything regarding inflation when I am not directly speaking of inflation itself? Idiotic, indeed.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

One of those parties was not the American govt or people. try telling a bankruptcy judge that contracts matter.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who said I wasn't worried? Who said I thought anything else was driving inflation? If you could quote the posts in this thread where I said these things, it would be helpful. If you can't, you can understand why I feel BPV and you are posting incoherent responses.

9. JayVols

Call your Congressperson and complain.

So contracts only matter if they favor business. Got it.

I just don't see how management, the side filled with all the "talent", is continually bested by a bunch of lazy, unmotivated peons like union members. Seems to me that your issue is with management and their inability to reign in those miscreants. You should volunteer to give 'em a pep talk before negotions commence.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Idiotic to imply that inflation has driven stamp pricing. More idiotic to disclaim it after you said it.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You specifically replied to Oldvol's cheap stamps comment "remembering" inflation. It was an idiotic comment. I called it such. You continued from there.

By the way, how's the play coming with all your orchestrating. It'll be easier if you know what the hell you're talking about.

12. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

The USPS is on it's way out. As soon as the government gets its hands on being able to tax emails, which I think will occur in the next 5-10 years, the USPS will close up shop, or they will use that money to subsidize it.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They're having to make up for the lost of demand. People aren't using as much first class mail and demand is down, while operating cost are going up largely due to the policies of our government.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I hate to break it to you, but if you and I have a contact for me to pay you a million a year and I have to declare bankruptcy because I can't afford it you ain't getting your money.

As for the post office my 1.5 year old is capable of putting mail in a slot. I very much doubt we needed to hand these people pensions and large salaries when every other similar organization is paying minimum wage.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The usps is a necessary business.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's not necessary to have mail delivered 6 days a week and it's not necessary to have people paid better than teachers to do it. Deliver mail m-w-f and fire 30 percent of the workforce, cut the rest of the salaries by 40 percent, and let's see what budget problems we have.

17. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I think this can be said for a lot of government entities.

Is it really a bad thing to stream line the government?

18. JayVols

So you're a welcher?

Individual bankruptcy laws have changed in the last few years making it harder to declare.

Still, how do you explain the sorry union guys bilking companies of their riches time and time again? thought they were fools, yet they regularly best management in the negotiations.

19. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

1 stamp for county mailing, 2 stamps for state wide mail, and 3 for out of state mail.

I wouldn't say problem solved, but it sure would help.

I'll expect my consulting fee to be in my account next week.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No they haven't changed. That is 100 percent incorrect. You don't think a mortgage is a contract? No one walked away from those recently.

USPS management is part of the union. They aren't attempting to he profitable. Your example, as always, is a complete red herring. Hardly a free market situation. There are plenty of examples of great American companies like catapiller who pay a nice wage and aren't going bankrupt. Gm is the exception.