Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They do what they have to do. Right or wrong, it's a sign of a unhealthy society when you have groups of people playing by different rules.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think most people give a shit.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Would rather have cheap gas.

SetVol13 and tvolsfan like this.
  5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

We're lost.

SetVol13, utvol0427 and zehr27 like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

And look at the comments.

tvolsfan likes this.
  7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Terrible. People making political slights about it deserve some terrible shit. Prayers for all the victims families.

justingroves likes this.
  8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t think this is true at all. What makes you say that? Or maybe I’m just not tracking with what “giving a shit” means in your mind. I don’t feel like this issue is much different than any number of others in this country that are largely, or to some extent preventable. Homelessness, maternal death rate, etc. People care, but without obvious solutions or the ability to effect change even if there were obvious solutions I can see how it may look like people just don’t care even when that’s not the case.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

have to think a good chunk of those are suicides though. kind of misleading especially since it says "up t0 24 years old."

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

These are always so tough to see.

Police say deaths were 2nd-4th graders plus the teacher. That is the exact range of my girls.

What is it with these young men (18!!) that walk into elementary schools, like Sandy Hook?

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's terrible. Makes me sick to my stomach for those parents.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they say he killed his grandmother first.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

evidently the teacher was the shooters grandmother, and he went to the HS. Evil, evil stuff. Kids about to be out for the summer. Hits you in the gut.

14. gcbvol

You know, I started a post with "I cannot imagine..." But I deleted it because it isn't true. This is all too imaginable because it happens over and over and over again.

If we're being honest with ourselves I think we were expecting this. Maybe not the time or place, but we knew another was coming.

I do think most people care, but do enough of us care enough? Do the right people care? I don't know. What I do know is we are a broken society.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's not misleading if the suicide was committed with a gun. People are killed in suicides 100% of the time.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it is political to want to pursue a strategy to reduce the number of times a lone gun man kills a bunch of people, mark me down for deserving terrible shit.

And if the preferred course of action begins and ends with only prayers, then I guess we deserve those prayers being returned to sender. As they clearly are.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

If one would rather just let water go under the bridge than actually make some kind of change, one doesn't actually care.

SetVol13 and tvolsfan like this.
  18. gcbvol

I agree. If we all truly cared enough we'd take action. But we don't. So here we are. Again.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Universal mental Healthcare. Why not?

tvolsfan and doolmeonce like this.
  20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

people also kill themselves with regularity in countries with strong gun controls. I’m sure having a gun in your house makes it more likely your kid commits suicide because it is easier to do it, but throwing those in when talking about people shooting other people is intentionally misleading