Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

28 year old woman with 2 rifles and handgun.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Better parents for one. I’d bet a lot of money she was souped up on all kinds of crazy psychoactive pharma meds too. Some sort of subsidy/tax credit towards gun safety storage for law abiding gun owners seems like a decent idea to go along with others. Plenty of stuff to explore that does not infringe on the right of Americans to own firearms. However the idea there are like no regulations out there already with guns like some seem to suggest whenever events like this happens certainly does not compute with me.

Out right repealing the 2nd amendment or a forced universal weapons classification ban/confiscation are insane overly-reactive ideas I vehemently oppose whenever these conversations arise in case you were wondering

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

At some point, we've got to realize we have two problems.

1. We've got a mental health issue.
    2. We've got too easy access to guns by said people (as well as others who need 0 access to them).

We've got to admit both are a problem and we've got to work to fix both problems. It's not an either or.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

But, for the time being I'm trying to wrap my head around what would make someone want to shoot up an elementary school, and I can't process it.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

BS like this. Eat shit, KJP.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Facts are still unfolding obviously, but it sounds like the quick and fearless actions of two MNPD officers may have indeed saved many more lives.

CitrusCo.Vol, SetVol13 and gcbvol like this.
  7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Better, affordable mental Healthcare would be a start. Solutions making it not as easy for every Tom, [penis] and Harry to gain access to a firearm would be a start.

We (the country) can't even agree that it is important for all people to have affordable medical Healthcare. We allow exclusion of eyes, hearing and dental in said basic "healthcare", so I'm not holding my breath for mental health.

As a long time gun owner. I have no problem with a legitimate background check when purchasing. In fact, I have no problem in registering all my guns if required. Especially if there is even the slightest potential that it will stop just one killing. I am not afraid of the government taking them. None at all. I have to register my vehicles (and a boat if I had one). I am not afraid of them taking them, either.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Is this the first woman to do this?

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm sure a lot of the parents who were sending their kids to a PCA school thought they were immune from something like this.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They went straight in

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea stuff like Government taking away all of our guns, cars and boats for insert whatever justification just ain’t “it”. Certainly a mentality I’m not gonna be “fine” with ever. And I say that as someone who hates children being murdered just as much as anyone else here does.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Sounds like the complete opposite reaction to the Texas school shooting so far. Bravery displayed there is both commended and expected frankly out of our officers in dire situations like that.

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Would you be ok registering your guns?

14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Initial reports, it sounds like they did a really good job handling the situation.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

In theory, absolutely. Open to ideas there as to what that would look like exactly compared to what ever we “lack” now with our gun laws.

Just don’t ever abuse a national registry by using it as a means to an end to more easily confiscate *EVERY* American’s gun whenever that may be down the road. Whether in my lifetime, or however many generations down the road it may be. Perpetually trusting the American govt to never use a national gun registry as a way to ultimately end the 2A in American society doesn’t inspire the greatest optimism ever.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm going to adopt this energy.

Volsdude likes this.
  17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Ok. So, a yes?

I figure, the government requires us to register our bodies when we reach "draft" age, so why the fear of "them" taking "your" gun?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

A-Smith likes this.
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is what I've wondered. Why are people so scared of the government taking their weapons?

It seems like most of the people I know who have this fear are of the opinion that they need to protect themselves from the government if necessary, which is laughable that they think they would have a prayer of slowing down the United States military.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Is it a reasonable fear? Idk. I don’t think it’s the most unreasonable one either.