Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Because an American government ever taking away “your” and “everyone’s” gun is a concerning concept. Like I said, open to specific ideas on what you mean exactly here if you think I’m “missing something”.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What specifically concerns you if that were to happen? What could happen if they take all of the guns that wouldn't happen otherwise?

I'm asking this as someone with guns, carry permit, etc. I just don't understand why people think the government would want or need to take everyone's guns.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Who says just the US military is the concern down the road? Having a society where law abiding American citizens are allowed to possess similar standard guns that our military uses is not the worst thing ever. Or maybe we should just totally disarm our civilians like China has.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You don’t understand why a govt would ever need or want to take everyone’s guns? Seriously? You don’t understand this?

Why has China, much of the West, ect. “taken” everybody’s guns then?

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If not the US military, then what might be of concern?

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If the government wants to take all the guns, and the military/law enforcement is on board, a registry isn’t going to matter much. It will just make the process a little more efficient.

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There's quite a difference in the citizenry possessing the same types of weapons as our military and totally disarming people.

No one's taking your [dadgum] guns. The fact this is the first concern regarding guns by people rather than the insane rate of deaths at their hands in this country demonstrates how bat shit stupid our attitude is towards possessing firearms. The bearing arms part doesn't concern me, it's the fact it's become our greatest cult, the love and deification of guns in this country. It's an extraordinarily unhealthy attitude we possess.

SetVol13, Poppa T, NorrisAlan and 2 others like this.
  9. Unimane

Because, in all my time on the internets and the seedy world of online anonymous commentary, the anti-trans people are the most despicable pieces of trash this side of Stormfront. By far the most hateful group of folks out there and that's pretty remarkable.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I’m not Nostradamus. How should I know what threats may arise 100,500,1000,100000, ect years from now? Preservation of the 2A in perpetuity is the point, essentially

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It does matter though. But to your point, why is it being “more efficient” not a bad thing regardless?

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

In any case whether or not she was trans isn’t relevant to anything

SetVol13 likes this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think the reason think she's trans is because they can't imagine a woman doing it. But clearly women have.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Because I find it highly unlikely that the government would follow through with disarming the population, therefore I find the potential benefits to greatly outweigh said highly unlikely consequence

15. Unimane

Her being trans is one of the first salvos in which side is to blame, the commie left or the fascist right. My guess is it's more likely to be a disgruntled worker or former student, some kind of family dispute, or some sociopath with missed warning signs.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. Unimane

Wait, you don't think the government getting a pissed off populace taking up over 300 million guns wouldn't go smoothly?

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Stuff you see like KJP predictably and immediately blaming all of this on Republicans for refusing to federally outlaw certain types of weapons gets the blood boiling. Agreed with your sentiment here on everyone like KJP rushing to make their moronic talking points in response to another senseless tragedy

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I would not rule out this being a anti-Christian hate inspired attack as well.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Highly unlikely even though it happens all the time historically?

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Man dressed as a woman or a woman?