Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems like 50 rounds would be heavy hanging off a handgun.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No clue if that was what was used. I highly doubt it, when a 17 round magazine that can be quickly changed out is easy enough on a Glock.

Just pointing out to Ole_Orange that what Biden said was not what Ole_Orange was actually arguing (aka strawman, accidental or not) and what Ole_Orange said was objectively wrong, actually.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I googled, they are indeed real. Look silly as hell. Like a lethal truck nut you cradle in your hands to feel manly.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That was what I would think. Too unwieldy for anything practical. A couple of times I bought junk like this, not with the 50-round mag, if I found a great deal on one. I'd like to say I managed to make trades into something more useful, but it turned out that folks who had high powered rifles, varmint guns, or such weren't often the types interested in such things.

justingroves likes this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Laughed at truck nut.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I guess.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I just pulled a quote from our POTUS in response to MSU shooting and rolled my eyes at Biden idiotically using the moment to talk about guns with 50-70 rounds when by all indications are this shooting was done by a regular ole handgun. I believe your interpretation of my post is objectively wrong if anything

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Of that I have no doubt, not would it be the first time. However, I can only go by what you said and nothing you said was in your explanation afterward. But, sadly, misunderstanding is all too common when people use sarcasm, satire and comedy instead of straight talk, especially in a quicky written format like a message board. Something I and many others here are often guilty of.

Carry on

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I just thought everything about that Biden quote was a ridiculous way of him playing politics. I will say though as an actual concealed carry permit holder, the idea of a handgun with 50-70 rounds was totally foreign to me. Even though come to find out yea, technically you can make it to where a handgun holds 50-70 rounds. As obnoxious and impractical as that seems.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Biden quote was ill timed, it really served no purpose

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Covenant Presbyterian in Green Hills, which is a private preschool/elementary school. At least 3 children have been killed

12. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Aaaaand I’m proud to be an American! Where at least I know I’m free. And I might forget the kids who die, so that I might buy uziiiiiis

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Gut wrenching to think about being one of the parents. Friend works in a holding very close where parents of kids work as well and they just started running out of the building when the news broke. That next few minutes..I can’t fathom.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Is this more of a generic “you do not care about dead kids as much as me unless you agree with my 2nd amendment opinions” reactive comment to a senseless tragedy like this? Or are you actually saying the shooter used an Uzi here? Haven’t seen that yet.

15. Ssmiff

Teenage female shooter

16. Volsdude

This is a “this should never happen, yet we do nothing to prevent it” post.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Nothing at all? What legislative actions specifically that we have yet to take would have prevented this evil teenage girl from deciding to slaughter children today?

18. Ssmiff

Most of these start with horrible, unaware parents or no parents

19. Volsdude

Yeah I’d go with holding responsible whoever it was who allowed to her get a hold of 2 ARs and a pistol, and if she bought them herself I’d be curious to see if there’s a psych history that might be something to be background checked against in the future to prevent her being able to access them. To me, if you buy a gun, you should be responsible for it and there should be something like a negligence like a doctor would get if they weren’t being safe storing/preventing access to it. Just my 2c but I can tell you’re passionate with your own ideas so I’m interested to hear what you think could help!

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

When my sister was in high school, there was a shooting at her school one morning. Thankfully, it was an isolated incident between two students, but did happen in a common area with other students around. The feeling in the time between finding out there was a shooting at her school without knowing any details and finally hearing from her that she was safe was intense. I can't imagine being a parent in that situation.