11 Dallas Cops shot at protest

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Beechervol, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It is a sure thing. You really think black people don't give a shit about black people getting killed if it happens to be done by other black people? Is that a serious thing you are saying?

As for this situation, I think there's an epidemic of mistrust on both sides of the ledger springing from a smaller group of assholes who are poisoning the well for a much larger group of people, but that the problem has metastasized to a severe state of emergency to where perception seems to have takn over reality. Again, toxic.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Will CNN please stop showing the video of the cop being murdered. The first fifty times was enough

3. Unimane

Infotainment, man. Gotta get those ratings.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

That's exactly what I'm saying. As a white man that lives in Atlanta, in a neighborhood that is 95% black and works a job with almost an all black staff, I can tell you that I haven't heard a single word about black on black violence, not one, I've heard endless rants about how cops are killing black men and black lives matter.

I'm basing this off of many conversations I've had with many, many people.

5. Unimane

I work in a black community and I hear it all the time. Maybe it's just a different narrative you're hearing in a different city, but I find it hard pressed to think they don't care.

6. GahLee

They aren't marching over it, I'll tell you that. And maybe it's just a group of people that know they will get attention and that's their angle. I don't know. All I know is that it's something I've never heard mentioned. But I can't get away from the other conversation.

7. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

DPD believes 4 shooters were in different elevated locations triangulating a position. I don't see how these guys would have just thrown this attack together at the last minute.

8. GahLee

Nah. Looks like ex-military, planned for sure, they may have had a part in starting the protest in the first place. They knew where the march was going.

9. Unimane

To me, this qualifies as a terrorist act.

10. GahLee

Yeah, sniper rifles, assault rifles, body armor, coordination, possible bombs.

11. GahLee

5 dead

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

updated title

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree with your last point. What "black lives matter" means is that right now they don't seem to be valued as much as others, not that other lives don't matter.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Do we have ID's on suspects yet? I know they're in custody, but any releases as to who it is?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hear it all the time here in DC.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. The cops and government folks I've heard speculate that this was being planned on some level for some time, and that this was opportunity they wanted. It also appears to be unconnected with foreign terrorism.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Where did you see this? I'm seeing the opposite. The exact opposite, including standing in solidarity with the officers, attempting to assist the wounded, etc.

Don't let the shooters sway the rhetoric. We need less violence, not more.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think part of the reason you don't hear it as much is that people don't put microphones in their face as often, either

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And they have a damned good point. But to make your point with lawlessness and violence is to miss that point, entirely.

And, not to make this political, but at what point does this Administration share some blame in this "boiling over" effect that we now see, when they not only stoked and fanned these embers in the Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin shootings - where they seemed either ignorant or uncaring of the facts before they fully unfolded, and when all involved were later and ultimately exonerated?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

They do, and did so recently in Chicago (like last week). It doesn't get coverage because it isn't divisive with two "sides" to pit against each other for ratings. The only time it gets coverage is in response to the baseless narrative that black on black crime is ignored within the community. It isn't.

Also, keep in mind all racial groups tend to have more crime directed at themselves than others. White on white crime is also huge.