Episode 7, with spoilers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 18, 2015.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

2. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Just my .02 being the huge fan that I am.

Rey is most likely Luke's daughter, could be wrong, but that is what I think since she has the old x-wing fighter helmet she puts on and she also has an hand-made x-wing pilot doll on her shelf. She probably had some training before Kylo Ren and his betrayal and turn on Luke.

The saber crystal could be what makes Kylo's saber appear the way it does, kind of like a tip of the hat to the Star Wars: The Old Republic game. One of my characters there has a crystal in their saber that does just that.

Loved the timing of the sun fading out and Kylo completing his turn.

Notice Yoda's voice in the flashback scene when Rey touches the lightsaber? Also loved the tip to the Luke/Vader clash in that same sequence.

3. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

Random thought I had today.... Rey is getting a lightsaber staff.

I am ready for the next episode.

4. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I could definitely see her with the dual bladed saber.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm going to make sure to listen for that tomorrow with watching #2.

6. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Daniel Craig(James Bond) has a cameo as a Stormtrooper. His trooper is the one that Rey ultimately force persuades for her release.

7. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

Lol. He did have an accent.

8. CardinalVol

Going for round 2 this afternoon. Interested to see if my thoughts change on anything.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

When the other movies came out there was a theater in Abingdon, VA that I think was rated as the best place in the country to see the films due to it's really advanced sound system. Anyone know if that is still the case?

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm going again tomorrow night

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

actually went there to see episode 2

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

$238 million debut, good grief.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I absolutely LOVED it. It is the only movie in my entire adult life that I may actually go see twice in the theater. This movie is going to make $2billion+ easy.

I think it is clear that Rey and Kylo are sister and brother. Notice Han's reaction when she says where she is from? And wasn't it pretty much written in stone that Han and Leia had twins? And when Han was killed by Kylo, I will be honest, I balled like a little girl. I knew it was coming, the scene was too well timed for it to be anything other than Ren's final move to the Dark Side.

And now I know why Luke wasn't on any of the posters nor in any of the trailers! Stoked for the next movie.

May the Force be with you, always.

14. CardinalVol

If Snoke is actually Plagueis, this could open up bookos of possibilties for 8 and 9.

15. NorrisAlan

What if he is Palpatine?

16. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I'm pretty sure he is Plagueis. I heard there is a comic book storyline where Plagueis was so strong with the force he actually brought himself back from the dead to complete the destruction of Skywalker and the Jedi.

17. CardinalVol

Honestly? Plagueis reads like a much badder dude than Palpatine. He's dead.

18. NorrisAlan

I like it. Never thought of Plagueis until card mentioned him. Maybe Plagueis was using Palpatine as a puppet all along.

19. CardinalVol

I kind of wonder if the most of 8 isn't Rey and Ren both training.

Work with me here.

There are rumors that Hayden Christensen is going to be in 8 and that he has begun training for it. Snoke told Ren to come to him to complete his training. If Snoke really is Plagueis, and of the storyline we (think we) know about him, it's not unconceivable that Ren's got to defeat/kill a reincartated Vader as his last act of training or something there-abouts.

Just throwing it out there.

20. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I know this - I love General Hux.