Episode 7, with spoilers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 18, 2015.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Second time was much more enjoyable. There was less pressure on it, if that makes sense.

Also, Luke >>>>>>>> Yoda at finding a place to go be a hermit at

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Exactly she developed her powers more in a couple of days than Luke did through two movies.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Was is just me or did it seem like there was a laugh trac looping during the entire movie?

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Heh, there was a decent amount of funny stuff. I was actually just going to post how I thought that one of the best things with this movie is how they handled the kid friendly stuff. The BB8 lighter thumbs up was a nice touch

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I didn't mind some of the jokes. But it felt campy with the attempted non stop comedy.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That's part of what made it fun in the original trilogy though, the droids have always been borderline slapstick. Even Chewie has provided a fair amount of comedy. One of the biggest problems with the prequels was it wasn't campy, comic relief, it was just stupid poop jokes and Jar Jar Binks

That's my opinion. It's pretty dark subject matter, so the humor injection is needed quite a bit. Thought this one did a good job of dropping the comedy altogether when it was time to get serious. The prequels still had Jar Jar talking like an idiot when he was dooming the galaxy to Palpatine

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I could read and understand Chinese better than anything in this thread.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I guess I disagree there a little bit. I thought the originals had a good balance. I thought this one was a little over the top. I thought that particular BB8 moment was hilarious.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I like the new cast minus Kylo Ren. He's more of a little [itch bay] than Hayden Christensen was. I think now that we're past jamming in references there's a chance we actually get a decent story in the next installment.

10. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

In the next movie, is Rey going to watch Kylo kill Luke like Luke watched Vader kill Obi-Wan?

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I expect the next one to be quite a bit darker, like Empire. I mean, there was what, one funny scene in that movie?

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yes it was. I laughed heartily. The 5v ear old thought it was awesome.

And han telling fin that women always find out was great.

I also appreciated they let fin be a crazy black guy at times.

13. CardinalVol

Also, I'll argue that while vader was indeed a bad guy in the original, he didn't turn evil until empire. That's when we saw the depths of his badness. Yes, he was still a bad ass bad guy, but he wasn't evil yet until empire.

Jmo.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Already did that with Han. I get that they probably want to have some cyclical elements, but they really jammed it down your throat with this one. I'm surprised there weren't subtitles with little asterisks reminding you something just like this happened in A New Hope.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Lifted people off the ground with one hand, choked some officer for disagreeing with him, terrorized everyone, tortured the beautiful heroine, was complicit in blowing up an entire planet, cut Obi-Wan in half, was about to blow up Luke... I'd say he was pretty evil in the first one.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The next movie will be a remake of Episode 7, directed by me, in which Han lives and Kylo Ren gets gender reassignment surgery to fix his issues.

Also a nude scene with the Rey chick goes without saying.

17. CardinalVol

And he still went darker in the second one.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I suppose, more because the situations presented him with the opportunity. He was even darker in the prequels, if you want to talk chronologically.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, when the mission is over, Leia runs right past Chewie, Han's sworn protector for decades, to hug some chick she met briefly a few hours ago?

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm watching it again next week. Will be curious to see if I have the same thoughts on the movie.