Episode 7, with spoilers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 18, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Figured it was time. You were warned about spoilers.

All on all I thought it was really good. Not great, but really good. Played out as i generally expected. If they develop the characters well, 8 and 9 could be awesome.

Only major gripe is Rey going from nothing to awesome that fast.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Lamest character in Star Wars kills the coolest, the proceeds to get his ass kicked by a girl.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Almost seemed like they were making fun of Star Wars with the way they planned their Death Star mission.

It'd be great if this thing had some kind of Achilles heel. Oh, it does? Let's blow that up. Meeting adjourned.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Orphan with Force potential on a desert planet meets a droid with secret information, then goes and blows up this big planet destroying thing that conveniently has a weak spot that can be targeted by X-Wings.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Kpt really hates Kylo. I think he is the only one, but he reallllllly hates Kylo

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There are about 5 people in line right now for the 8 at the downtown theatre

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Interesting take on this I read, they had already set up that she was somewhat capable, and Kylo had already mentioned that the Force was very strong with her. Now, couple that with Kylo already being injured, himself undertrained, and very cocky. Now, remember the name of the movie. Boom, explained

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He looks like he should be hosting a Dungeons and Dragons tournament, not killing Jedi. Darth Vader was played by a gigantic bodybuilder and voiced by one of the strongest voices on the planet.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

H8rs gonna h8

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He had a pretty hard time with Finn, too.

11. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was, there was no surprise. 30 minutes in they say Kylo Ren is Hans Solos kid ? Hell we could have all guessed that. If the surpise is something else, they damn sure didn't tease it very well. I mean I think we all know Rey is Kylos cousin or something but damn.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So you can get better seats than I did today. Didn't expect it to be so crazy in the middle of the day on a weekday, forgot school was a half day, ended up in the third row. I have this thing about not liking having my back to doors, so I usually sit in the very top of the theater, luckily I was so enthralled that I just got over that and the neck discomfort

13. JohnnyQuickkick

That being said, Darth Vader is like #1B on the Greatest Villains of All Time list. No point trying to top that

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, Finns a dude

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Poe is probably my early favorite, but I love me some Daisy

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Catelyn Jenner would have topped this guy.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, Catelyn Jenner is a dude

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Looks a lot like Keira Knightly, who looks a lot like Natalie Portman, and both were in Phantom Menace. Unoriginal again.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Kpt just trolling now

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What was the deal with Threepio's red arm? Is that something that will get explained in one of this spinoff movies?