Episode 7, with spoilers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 18, 2015.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'll wait until it comes out on dvd at the local convenient store.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Another thing: the stormtrooper rifles took a serious downgrade. They looked like toys for children. What was up with that?

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i don't think The Real Chewbacca would've allowed himself to leave that planet alive after Han died

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I actually thought he blew himself up until I saw him on the ship.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Newest trilogy could be redeemed if Chewie rips Kylo's arm off and beats him to death with it.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't want Ren to be brought back to the light side. I hope he never takes off his mask again, freezes a few blaster shots in mid air, and dies by blowing himself up as a result of one of his temper tantrums

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That lends credence to the "They are related" fan theory

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That was a nice touch.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'm in.

10. CardinalVol

[​IMG]

I'm guessing kidB approves.

[​IMG]

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So, here's something. We have already established that Kylo is powerful but raw and in need of more training, and his Lightsaber just looks unstable and sloppy, despite being badass. So, maybe because of the wars and the loss of so many Jedi and Sith masters, a lot of the finer tuned aspects have been lost. Does even more to explain the Rey thing. She is obviously not trained, but he isn't either. Kinda like the Marcus Mariota of Jedis and Siths, they ain't there yet, but it is obvious with a little more experience and some better support, they are capable

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Welp, Luke had difficulty moving a lightsaber in Empire, which he still wasn't well-trained, but was farther along at least as far as awareness of the Force and his abilities. And that was without contending with another Force user. And he is supposedly as powerful as any Jedi ever.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, so, this new guard is definitely a bit behind a lot of the Jedis and Sith we are used to on the whole

14. CardinalVol

As I've thought through this, I'm wondering if Rey may not have had training at some point as a child. She knew the mind control trick. She could pull the LS to her. She knew to look in the box.

Perhaps she was left on Jakku on purpose to protect her when Luke was stabbed in back, a la Luke/Leia, had some training before she got there (hence why she could kick ass with her staff among other things), but was angry and wanted nothing to do with the Force until she was forced to because it had destroyed her life. Hence why she ran after the LS incident. Kylo is familiar with her IMO.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I thought that when he said, "A girl?" and then beat up the computer terminal. But then he seemed pretty surprised that she displayed a connection with the Force.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Nothing like a little adrenaline to speed up the learning process. Luke was on Dagobah just chilling with Yoda when he was learning. Rey was getting choked by a trained jedi.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So, Supreme Leader Snoke is Gollum.

Go figure.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Another thought, could Rey have been one of the children training with Luke and somehow escaped before Kylo killed them all?

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It may have been surprise that she was THAT strong with the Force

20. CardinalVol

That was my take.

Surprised she was that much stronger than him.