Penn State to offer James Franklin

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Franklin is 10 times the coach Kiffin is.

There's a reason Franklin's name is hot among people who are paid to manage football programs.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

like i said in another thread, he's beaten nobody better than anybody ever has there.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Agree. Seems like both he and Penn State are overraped.

4. .

I'm glad he's gone.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dan Hawkins and Skip Holtz were hot names too.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Don't forget Charlie Weis.

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Don't forget Turner Gill.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Plus, he has benefited from an unprecedented lowering of admission standards at Vandy. So, it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison with othe Vandy coaches.

9. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

He hasn't gone anywhere but Birmingham and Memphis yet.

10. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Quiet. Rapists who can't spell anchor are really future doctors in disguise. We don't want to ruin their reputation as the fallback school for people who got rejected by Duke but still want to spend multiple mortgages worth on education.

11. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

I hate him, but he knows that he can't sustain what he's done at Vandy. No doubt, what he's done is pretty amazing on the surface. But if you dig a little, and see that he didn't play any top team from the West (other than A&M, who beat them), and the East is considerably down (FL and TN with losing records, GA not having a roster for that matchup, USCe and Mizzou beat them, KY is a guaranteed W). It looks good because it's at Vandy. Put another national program in front of that, and it's not all that impressive.

Penn State has the facilities and stadium he craves, and they will all buy into the rah-rah shit he brings in. Plus, he'll be in the Big 10, and other than OSU and MSU, there's really not another good team.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

As was... Lane Kiffin's.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Plus they struggled with UMass and had to convert a long 4th down pass to beat Wake Forest.

14. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Idk about UMass but beating Wake and Houston with Robinette is impressive.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Really? Wake was an impressive win? I don't care if they had the red headed ball boy from FSU as quarterback, it wouldn't have been impressive.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ding ding ding

also remember he has 4 joke non conference games every year. do that and beat the dregs of the SEC and it's not all that hard to win 8 games.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Your bias is too strong for me to argue with so ill respectfully decline.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Haha, ya actually looking at the schedule is so biased.

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Not looking at the Godamn roster is the bias.