POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't think this agreement did much at all.

They let out some steam but that's it

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Who promised this?

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The incremental energy purchases aren’t super meaningful because we’ve just seen molecular tourism and exports haven’t fallen through the tariff period. The same can be said to some extent for agriculture though I know less about that and won’t stand by it.

But commitment on manufactured goods is meaningful because these are more specific products that aren’t as globally fungible.

Ability to go after IP violations more easily is definitely meaningful if it’s real.

Tenacious D likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Didn't know you were a Pappy guy.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

the whistleblower's attorney in 2017

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm not. I've had it. It's good. I wouldn't pay that much for it.

But if you let me handle the shipment, it'll all go missing.

justingroves, VolDad and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. Unimane

This isn't before inauguration, though. And, I'm not sure this is an example of Democrats promising impeachment.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

In your mind, what is the difference in promising impeachment and calling for impeachment?

9. Unimane

Basically, an actual movement or leadership in the party saying, if he gets elected or now he's elected, we will impeach him. A few random reps don't qualify. I know there were a few who ran in 2018 who ran on having him impeached, but that's well after his inauguration.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

so GOP arguments have no credibility?

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Is this your denial of his point?

12. Tenacious D

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

his point was self-invalidating.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'd buy the pen if it was a Gavin B

tvolsfan and fl0at_ like this.
  16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It's bold.

tvolsfan likes this.
  17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Keep telling yourself that right up to the next Democratic President with a Republican House.

18. Tenacious D

The next Dem that occupies the White House with a majority-controlled House is already impeached, right now, as you read these words.

We’d all better hope that they don’t also hold a comfortable majority in the Senate, too.

This purely partisan farce will ultimately make the Executive Branch, and all future Presidents, to serve at the political pleasure of Congress, no matter the particular politics of each.

It is as difficult to weigh the enormity of this danger as it will be to accurately predict where it might lead. Any sane person should pray that the seeds don’t someday sprout and take root, but if they do, it will come from what the Democrats have sown, here. And all of this for what, really? For the momentary and fleeting foolishness of accomplishing that which makes them merely feel good now, to assuage the lunatics on their side that this either somehow overturned Trump’s victory, or will prevent his being re-elected. It is the very definition of a Pyrrhic victory.

The Democrats are now showing not only who they are, but have always been - but have now made it such an unavoidable reality as to be impossible to ignore for millions of Americans. They have chosen to use this brute political force in such a stupidly near-sighted way, and now the same will be rolled back on them - both 100 fold, and soon.

If you think that their lowering the SCOTUS votes to a simple majority in the Senate has bitten them in the ass, brother, what until you see the next four years.

I don’t think that a compromise across the aisle is still just unlikely, but unwise, and worse, unnecessary. I think that Trump and the GOP should continue to allow the Democrats to define their own depth and breadth between now and November 2020, and use Trump’s second term with a GOP-controlled Congress to shatter their Party into a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds of history, much like the Whigs and Dixiecrats.

Say whatever you want.
    Make your glibly biased opinions.
    Jump up and down.
    Hold your breath.
    Be certain that you’ll figure it out this time.
    Because you’re really smart, everyone else really are gang rapists, or just, whatever.

Or just continue to believe that the preferably soothing world of your imagination is the same which actually exists, and which you’re still living in.

I honestly lack the vocabulary and mastery of the English language by which to adequately express how little I give a shit what the Dems and liberals think, in any direction, on any matter, at all.

I’d recommend that you liberals and Never-Trumpers alike savor - savor - whatever small hope you have for this next election, and for every second that remains before it arrives.

Oh, and vote. Vote. Vote. Vote. Vote. Vote.

Vote as if it soon may not matter what you think and want, and that your continued existence - both as a national party and as a political philosophy - may not survive beyond this next election.

Seriously, y’all better vote.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm just about convinced this is no longer about Trump now versus making it as hard as possible for Warren or Sanders to beat Biden.

VolDad likes this.
  20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I honestly don't think Warren is as far left as she acts.

A republican till late in life isn't going to just turn that leaf. I think she's just playing the part and will do or say anything for more political power.

Sanders at least believes his stuff and even though I feel he's wrong on the solutions. The stuff he wants to address are real issues that he believes in.