The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I answered. you didnt like my answer, but i'll answer again.
    --he said to himself [uck fay] these dudes.
    --he was a criminal, panicked, ran and thought he could take them
    And i'll add, he may have not thought they would pull the trigger for whatever reason.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes. I see flaws in those arguments and pointed them out. This evidently makes me some sort of arrogant jerk that’s qualified to prescribe misspelled antibiotics.

3. Ssmiff

Those arent arguments. They are scenarios to the question you posed as to why a guy would run at gunmen.
    What is your answer..that he didnt know? Ok. I dont agree.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes I don’t think he knew. My argument is that I’ve yet to see a logical explanation as to why he
    Was jogging up to men he knew were armed a touchdown drive in advance, therefore that’s not what happened.

5. Ssmiff

They evidently had already cut him off, he then turned and ran a different direction. Why did he turn and run prior, but approach with pace this time? Many questions id like answers to.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Fellas now arrested and charged with murder.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

GBI have arrested them. Murder and aggrivated assault.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They better get their Aryan Brotherhood membership applications completed soon.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I figured it would happen when this didn't get political. I need to get a dash cam. The cameras make a difference.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I want y’all to remember I said this, so that you can laugh at me when I’m wrong....call me racist....whatever...

The shooters had a right to be carrying those guns. If the DA can’t prove that they pointed those guns at this man before he attacked them, they’re going to walk.

It won’t matter that they were acting stupid.

It won’t matter that they had neither any right nor responsibility to stop, question, detain or otherwise make contact with this man.

It won’t matter if he was or was or wasn’t a completely innocent or suspicious person.

If the only key facts that emerge and can be proven are that they were standing there with guns, but weren’t pointing them at him, and he tried to grab their guns in attacking them - these guys are going to walk.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

tall order, I’d say, given their own account of events.

- saw the victim and made the decision to grab their guns and get in their car to follow him
    - pursued him, shouting for him to stop
    - he ran away from them
    - they continued to pursue despite his withdrawal
    - they then get out of the vehicle to address him with firearms in hand

They wanted an altercation and they got one. I’m open to seeing it otherwise if there’s a different account of events, but based on my understanding, they created this mess and want to pin the escalation on the victim.

InVolNerable and IP like this.
  13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't think they'll ever get murder charges, but I think they should get man slaughter

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

First, I need to say that I’m not saying that this would be just, or even right. It’s what I think would happen.

As to your point, stick with everything in your story, exactly as it is.....but take the gun out of it.

Say the white guys were chasing him, trying to stop him, trying to intimidate him, etc....but had no guns.

While attempting to do these things, the guy attacks them by taking a swing at them. The white guy defends himself and swings back, connects and in a freak accident, the black man falls, hits his head and dies.

What would you convict the white guy of?

Not manslaughter.
    Not murder.

Because even if they were antagonizing the guy, if he attacked them, they had a right to defend themselves.

As they were lawfully carrying weapons...the presence or absence of the weapons means nothing to their right to defend themselves.

And as the camera doesn’t show who physically attacked who first, and the only one to claim the gun-toting guys attacked him is now dead, you’re going to play hell proving that they attacked him first, by pulling a gun on him.

My point is this: Y’all are likely going to be pissed with how this turns out, and perhaps rightfully so.

15. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

But we do know they had guns and those guns were pointed at him.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Except being allowed to carry guns is different than chasing down someone and trying to detain them while armed. At some point, the "stand your ground" defense has to benefit Arbery, too. I think this will go the way of nearly all your predictions, completely opposite.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Everyone assured me earlier today that them pointing the gun at him didn’t really matter. That just being there, guns drawn, was enough.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

One of the guys I play Xbox with is from that area. He said these two dudes are about as white trash as they come. Also said that town is corrupt as [uck fay].

On a more positive note, we did play Warzone with Darius Slay, who is also from that area, a week or so ago. That was neat.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

How many miles have you logged with it? Where did you carry it?

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This is most likely where it's headed. I think the DA finds something to charge them with to try to save face, but I doubt it's murder, manslaughter, or anything of that nature.