The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Also, I’ve never been tear gassed before but as a teenager I was [uck fay]ing around with my grandmother’s mace and sprayed the ever so slightest amount inside her car. My cousin was driving and he had to immediately pull over so we could get out of the car.

I assume tear gas is like that times 10 and that I could definitely tell a difference between that and smoke.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

L-L-O-L.

He should be easily defeated, if true.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You have contemporaneous and credible evidence that directly contradicts what you shot off and assumed, earlier.

Now you’ve turned to storytelling.

You don’t like it, it goes against your personal desire and so you choose to ignore it.

Nothing wrong with that, I guess, but it is what it is.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Why? Oh, you're under the illusion that people are smart, and capable of recognizing a con.

They aren't. People are stupid and easily conned.

Trump being elected, once, twice, one hundred times, says less about him, and more about the people that elected him.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Decision made Sunday night or early Monday morning to expand perimeter and not related to the church photo-op. Specifically mentions that Barr is not known to have ordered extreme measures. Barr is not Trump. So, yeah, everyone was wrong.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

hope he gives a speech

wonder how they are going to explain how this guy gets a funeral, but none of the 100k covid deaths.

7. fl0at_

What are you talking about? My sister in law went to a funeral a few weeks ago.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i didn't know any area was allowing funerals. they certainly aren't here.

9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Did LE aggressively begin removing peaceful protesters using smoke, tear gas and rubber bullets just before POTUS address? YES
    Were these actions ordered by AG Barr (level of force indicated by Barr is in question)? YES
    Is AG Barr a member of POTUS' cabinet? YES
    Does POTUS hold no responsibility for actions of his cabinet?

It doesn't matter when the decision to expand perimeter was made. What matters is peaceful protesters were removed with excessive force as POTUS was going on about how he was an ally to peaceful protesters. He then strolls over to a church where clergy along with protesters were actually driven out so he could get a pitiful photo op.

I realize many of you see nothing wrong with this, but there are plenty of us who were thoroughly disgusted at what transpired. And until POTUS expresses some sort of regret about what happened he's complicit whether he gave the direct order or not. I also find it difficult to believe he wasn't consulted on expanding the perimeter.

Unimane likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Virginia did and does. Until recently, no touching, distancing and masks, etc were the adjustments. Now, I think it is a full go.

droski likes this.
  11. gcbvol

Even if you want to absolve POTUS and Barr of any responsibility for what transpired yesterday I think we can at least agree it means the DC LE validated why the protests and change are needed.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There is nothing wrong with expanding the perimeter, which is what Barr ordered. Seems like a pretty sensible move given the turn some of the protests have taken.

Tear gas and rubber bullets are obviously not appropriate for moving peaceful protesters. I've seen nothing to indicate Trump or anyone of his team said to gas them. Considering it was ordered many, many hours before protests would have even began, you'd think that's specifically the kind of thing they'd be trying to avoid.

gcbvol likes this.
  13. fl0at_

Did you look to see, or just assume that LA is the center of all civilization, and that all life must therefore be like your life?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've never seen boo berry cereal. Must be a lib hoax.

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Some of us are in civilized parts of the country.

Now excuse me while I die of heat stroke.

droski and SetVol13 like this.
  16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Apparently it was AG Barr.

And apparently he did have water bottles thrown at him.

Don't know if that is citing anonymous DOJ official or one on the record.

17. fl0at_

Seems unlikely. Water is precious at a sit in.

Probably threw piss bottles.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Gator fans?

19. gcbvol

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Very interesting thread worth reading in its entirety:

Unimane likes this.