OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Move it in to whatever room is "hers," put a fire stick on it, and say if she ever needs to just get away, she can use it for yoga, or whatever.

Then buy a new one. Repeat this cycle as often as desired.

A-Smith and droski like this.
  2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Had a bit of luck go my way today. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a fairly low end used analog to digital USB recording interface and a pair of studio monitors for $80 off of a guy selling them on the facebooks. He claimed something was wrong with one of the speakers, but I was most interested in the interface since a new one run for more than he was asking for all of it.

I tried it all out when I got home. The jury is still out on the speakers, but I couldn't tell a difference in the output between the two in a quick test. I had a bit of trouble getting the interface to work, so I went to the company's (Presonus) to download some drivers. While there, I looked at the product page and got a little bummed when I saw it was originally bundled with a $100 virtual studio software. I had asked the guy if he had used the interface with a PC (his ad made it sound like he had not), and I realized that my great deal was in jeopardy of becoming a big mistake. Before I could worry over it too much, I got busy with some webcast hardware/software I was dealing with for the church and didn't think about it that much.

Fast forward to today, and I have a little time on my hands and didnt feel like doing any outfoorsy stuff. I decided to try out the USB interface again and download a trial/free version of the software from the company that made it. To download the demo version I needed to make an account with them. After doing so, it asked if I wanted to register any products, and I decided to try registering my device for funsies. After doing so, it turned out the d3vic3 had never been registered, and all of the software was available to download with no problems. I was slightly thrilled after being bummed thinking I might have been better off buying new just to get the bundled software. Turns out, I paid $80 for an interface, $100 software, and two powered speakers that I'll eventually find a use for. I was pretty happy.

Now, if I could just figure out how.to make the software work.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Before we moved, we were still using the first set my wife and I bought when we married. Other than the door on the dryer popping open occasionally in a cycle, both were chugging along fine at the 20 year mark.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

GarageBand.
    I bought Logic Pro X a couple months ago and it’s pretty cool. Easy to use, just so many tools it’s overwhelming.
    Wait, you said PC? Ugh

5. fl0at_

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I've tried a couple of knock offs, the rumba is the way to go

7. fl0at_

I always liked ball room, myself.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Could possibly get a new roof through insurance

9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

You think? Is 16 years too early for breakdown?

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Did you do 30 year shingles?

11. gcbvol

I'll have to find the information. We bought the house new 16 years ago and it has an asphalt shingle roof. My guess is it's a 20 year.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If they're dimensional 20-25 years. 3 tab aren't as thick so they won't last as long.

justingroves likes this.
  13. gcbvol

Thanks! I'll find out.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

GCB is 50...lol

gcbvol likes this.
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We've got one of the Shark brand that we got at Target about a year ago. I thought it was stupid at the time, but it's nice to have. We can schedule it to run during the day when we are gone. We've also got it linked up with our Echos so we can start/stop its with voice control.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I've changed brands of pants and underwear looking for more ball room. I have found that Duluth bullpen are good for just enough room, and perfect support

gcbvol and fl0at_ like this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Its not fun

gcbvol likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sure it is. Far better than the other option.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You’ll be fine. Just drink some of your room temperature wine.

gcbvol likes this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This came with Presonus Studio One Artist. I recorded a bit of stuff using my guitar. I have an occasional popping sound I need to track down, and the software does so much I was a bit overwhelmed. I'm pretty happy though. I get how the basic interface works, and it seems pretty powerful.

The iMac at church I have to deal with is so different from the ones I used to use 25 years ago that I can't even hardly find a program when I need it, and another guy and I still don't know how we managed to get the display out settings.to how we need them. Because of that, we are also not unplugging anything.