POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

There is one fundamental difference, it seems, between the 2004 objection, and the one for 2020.

In 2004, the objection was done for the state of Ohio, by representatives of Ohio. The one for 2020 doesn't seem like it is going to be for Missouri, by Missouri representatives. It appears it is going to be against another state.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

And included Barbara Boxer; a Senator from California.

3. fl0at_

Yes, that part is the same. One senator from California, one representative from Ohio, challenging Ohio.

So now we have the equation: 1 A + 1 B = B

Now we can measure on Jan 6th, whether it is equal.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Congratulations on being less wrong in 2004.

5. fl0at_

Our entire system of law is based on being less wrong, so... thanks for comparing 2004 to America, and 2020 to... something else?

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The one in 2004, also, wasn't intended to overturn an election and stated as such by the objectors. It was to highlight what they felt was voter suppression. The objections here fully intend to change the election results.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am always entertained at the lengths y'all will go to justify what Democrats do. Sure we objected in 2004 but our objection was noble, honorable, and justified.

Or, we shot you with a .22 whereas they shot you with a 357; therefore our shooting of you was not as wrong as theirs.

It amazes me that half of the Country does not recognize the perfection that is the Democratic Party..... Oh I forgot, it is because they are racist, homophobes, xenophobes, bigots, etc.

zehr27 likes this.
  8. fl0at_

The democratic party is by no means perfect. The republican party continues to just double down on shit. Lawsuit after lawsuit. Attempts to change those that were in the electoral college for the vote. Now the objection.

You like to take one instance at a time, because you know, if you sum up the whole, yours is far greater. Be entertained by that.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I readily admit it to be wrong. My first post on the subject said it is wrong. I had hoped it would stop at the latest after the electoral college vote. That is the difference. I can readily and regularly admit when they are wrong. Same cannot be said of others on the left. At every criticism they exclaim how their shit does not stink.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

“Entertained” isn’t exactly the adjective I’d use to describe what has become of government over the past few decades that I’ve been paying attention... neither party is worth a crap at its core. They’re so busy trying to maintain power they no longer govern with any sense whatsoever of what’s actually best for the country. Maybe it’s always been like this but it just seems worse because we’re watching it happen in real-time now...

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This was always my fear when it came to Trump. That he was a dictator wannabe and would do everything in his power to burn the place to the ground when he lost.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

you may just want to let it go in the new year. You can't reason with people who already know everything, nor can you get thru to people who see only one way, and don't see when wrong is wrong, regardless of race or political stance. May as well beat your head against a wall.

13. fl0at_

Something done for a high profile level of civil disobedience, or attempt to highlight a wrong, is different than something done for none of those things.

The reasoning for objecting matters. The reasoning for filing lawsuits matters. The reasoning for petitioning the Supreme Court matters.

You readily admit things to be wrong, without determining first, their equality. And that, I say, is more wrong.

14. fl0at_

What is wrong about pointing out a wrong? This is like saying that the civil rights demonstrations were "wrong."

15. fl0at_

People aren't their party, though. And on one hand you have people who want to stand for something, and then are being said to be equivalent to people to want to stand for nothing.

It isn't equivalence, and the party aspect just minimizes that which should be obvious.

16. Savage Orange

The kicker for me is that these same people who are now clamoring for Trump to declare “Marshall” law (I swear, that’s how I see it spelled 95+% of the time) to stay in office are the same folks crying to the high heavens about how Obama was going to do that same thing... if they weren’t bemoaning his destruction of the Constitution/pardons/golfing... all of these are things Trump has done in spades...

SetVol13 likes this.
  17. Savage Orange

The problem (to me, anyway) is that some (not all, for sure but definitely some) people ARE their party... it’s all some folks can talk/think about and they treat election wins as though they were some sort of athletic contest.

18. fl0at_

Some are, but that isn't an excuse to treat everything as if it is, or everyone, that they are.

Things can be measured on their own, regardless of party, regardless of which side which party holds, or even, whether both parties hold a given side.

But things have to be measured first.

SetVol13 and Savage Orange like this.
  19. Savage Orange

Very true. I have a bad habit of generalizing on that... It doesn’t help that I live in a very solidly Trump heavy pocket of the metro Atlanta area. Houses draped in Trump flags (one in my neighborhood has no less than 11 different proclamations of support for DT) and trucks flying huge flags are very commonly seen here and it’s really annoying, tbh. It would be equally annoying if it were on the other side also but still, I wonder how many of these folks know anything about what their party stands for other than they aren’t “the other guys”.

20. Savage Orange

Until he started with the sore loser routine, I neither loved nor hated Trump. He did a lot of dumb things but there was enough good mixed in to keep me at least neutral on him but after 11/4, I saw the light, so to speak... still not crazy about the prospect of a Biden administration but it’ll be nice to have some sort of normalcy again.