POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

75k/150k single/joint

It ramps down over that I believe. Not a hard cut.

Or did you mean the ideal threshold?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nope, what you answered. Thanks.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it really highlights the cost of living disparity in the US. 75k is a LOT of money in many places, but if you live in San Francisco, LA, etc... it definitely is not.

And are they basing it off of 2019 taxes? If so, lol. That's flawed for obvious reasons.

Unimane likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's based on 2019. BUT, if you file your tax return and your 2020 income falls into the limits then you get it as a refundable credit on your 2020 tax return.

5. CardinalVol

See the post below yours.

IP likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

You called it.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That Section 230 stuff isn't going to turn out the way they think it will. The fact it is even a priority on level with military spending is insane.

8. CardinalVol

Huh.

So cocaine Mitch is gonna marry the Veto with the 2K.

Interesting.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So he’s going put the defense spending bill and the $2,000 stimulus bill together and force Trump’s hand?

Interesting indeed, if I’m reading that correctly.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If I am understanding everything correctly, Bernie and Markey are threatening to hold up the NDAA override vote unless Mitch brings the clean 2K bill to a vote

11. CardinalVol

I just don't get mcconnell's angle here. Usually I can make sense of it despite how unpopular it is. I cannot do it this time.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm not following, what is McConnel doing?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not going to see a dollar either way, but I really think this could do a lot of folks some real good for it to pass. And if you total it up, it isn't nearly as much as the other COVID bills while being direct to people. It will get spent. It will be used.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

My guess is, he thinks that if he poisons it by adding election fraud and Section 230 into it, he can claim that Dems voted against the money

The problem is, he's already on tape objecting to unanimous consent and it got 2/3 in the House, including all but two Dems. It's just not a smart political move at all

16. CardinalVol

It's not going to work and he HAS to know this. Love him or hate him, he's shrewd and this is a very un Cocaine Mitch like move.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's probably holding something back. Or this is some kind of long game move regarding Trump and the GOP.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a Vote of No Confidence in Chancellor McConnell's leadership.

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  19. CardinalVol

Thing is I'm 99.99% certain he hates Trump and only does what he does because it's part of the gig. I guess he thinks maybe keeping Trump happy keeps the GA voters happy and they go out to vote? I don't know. I cannot figure out the angle.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think it is simpler. He knows Rs win GA, and he retains his position. Let everyone throw shit at him, he isn't any jeopardy anywhere.

Georgians don't care about the $2k, in any meaningful number that would swing the election enough to have the Republicans go 0-2.