The workout thread(Weighlifting/Running)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Damn dude. I feel a lot better. Thanks!! I haven't been below 180ish in awhile but had to unbutton my jeans at dinner so it's time to drop a few

Savage Orange likes this.
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You are no where near gone, if you're still wearing jeans. Sweats and windpants only, over here.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

As soon as the weather warms up I’m getting back on my bicycle. It’ll come off fast once I get back up to a regular schedule of 30-40 mile rides...

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

lower end of normal is what is referred to as low so I’d say anything from 100ish to the 70’s.

Dr. Shawn Baker and Dr. Ken Berry is two good guys to dig into that got me going down this path.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

is that what the chart says?

6. fl0at_

No, the chart doesn't mention low at all. It says normal to hypoglycemia.

Luckily, the only person who could answer it did, and bracketed it at 100s to 70s.

Because that person hasn't lost their mind here, yet.

7. fl0at_

Fasting levels, or just random check?

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sorry I missed this. A1c is the one that they act like that tells the true story which is just the average for 3 months or so.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm down 15 pounds, and still feel amazing.

I was going to fix a deviated septum from breaking it in football during high school. Since I've went to eating this way I can now breath out of both sides and won't need the surgery.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Damn thats enviable. I'm about to start taking some keto and diet pills Phil Mickelson repped online. Cost me $7. I dont eat terribly outside of diet Pepsi and some cookies, but as you age it's hard to get the weight off as metabolism slows. I really need to drop about 10ish, but don't really want to try too hard.

11. fl0at_

A1C doesn't measure down to those levels. It has to translate down.

But I did a random check and was in the 70s-80s, and if I ate like that, my cholesterol would be through the roof, and I would die.

Glad it works for you.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Advice for athletic shorts (falling slightly above the knee)? I’ve played sports my whole life and have never had to buy this sort of shit from stores. Dropped like, $66 on a couple pairs from Nike recently, and they went to shit like, immediately. Honestly one of the worst purchases I’ve ever made.

13. InVolNerable

Where were you getting shorts from then? You just slip them off Sab and into your pocket?

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My high school and college supplied more free workout clothes than I knew what to do with. But most of those are old and worn out now.

15. InVolNerable

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm started buying the Amazon brand. Just as good as all the other stuff IMO, and much cheaper.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I hot the gym for the first time tonight......again. I don't want to count how many times I've said that on this thread.

It may be going there at 10pm some nights but I cannot do mornings. I will have to do evenings.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've always preferred exercising/working out at night. I can go downstairs after everyone is in bed, turn on some music, and go for an hour or so and don't feel like I'm wasting time or neglecting to do something else.

The problem now is that I've got a one month old at home that showed up and said "[uck fay] your schedule", so now I'm not in any good routine.

CardinalVol likes this.
  20. InVolNerable

This is exactly what prompted me to just buy some equipment for the house.