OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

People who put their retirement savings into it are suicidal now. But did they really think they were so much more clever than everyone else?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I feel for them, because they fell for the story that this was new and the future and that most people didn't understand it. They were made to feel special because they were 'in the know', like any other cult. And Matt Damon was promoting it, how can it be bad?

Also, a byproduct of the human fascination with money. I hate money and everything it makes people do.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Damn.

IP likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

155 year old Lincoln College closed forever after ransomware attack. COVID also hit them hard, but the ransomware basically put them under.

I have first hand knowledge of the damage this shit causes. Gird your network, all of you. Air gap our backups and test them to make sure they are usable after a loss.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Pretty funny.

I don’t see the FED having the appetite to take it that far but I think they’re hoping they can get assets back to pre pandemic levels before they break something.

Then the money printers will be rolling again.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could be worse.

8. CardinalVol

I don't think they can, and they know they can't. They've kicked this can down the road as far as they can.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

One thing at a time. Cool it down and let the market correct.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I just have no confidence that they can thread the needle and pull off the soft landing.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

fed talking about wage inflation is definitely disconcerting that they will go overboard. Finally have real wage growth in this country and that’s a bad thing?

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Birds are made of magnets, duh.

10SEvols likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

Oh, there's not going to be a soft landing. This is going to crash and burn. I hope we are all ready for it.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wonder how all this crypto and nft stuff going belly up affects things? Billions in "assets" going up in smoke.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Don’t have enough funding to hire more vet techs as the ones we have are underpaid and get run ragged, so what’s the solution? Expand the dean’s executive suite and hire some more associate deans! Also remodel the reception area for the 3rd time in 10 years! Is there something in the water higher ed leadership drinks?

justingroves and IP like this.
  16. NorrisAlan

It isn't just higher ed, it is all big companies. I worked at Travelers for two years, and it is no different there than anywhere else.

17. NorrisAlan

Can someone explain something to me: I assume this money doesn't just "evaporate", but has been transferred to someone else, more concentrated. Someone has 1 bit coin that she bought for $1000 and sells broken pieces of it to 10 other people for $1000 each piece, so she makes $10,000 dollars. Then bitcoin goes to $1 a whole coin, so those people that bought it for $1000 now have a .10 coin.

So the money is still there, just more concentrated. Is that right? Every time I try to understand economics, the more I think it is all just a big hoax.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Brings inflation down. It went up because of the Fed and is coming down because of the Fed

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Economics aren't a hoax, but fiat money is a hoax

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yes. Crack. You guys wouldn’t believe what I just went thru with a startup surgical company and decisions by the 3 amigos. Common sense and a little industry knowledge could have saved them 10 million/month since April 2021. What do you do as soon as you get fda approval? You of course hire 5 VPs at 200k/yr, and 15 reps at $135k a year with free health insurance, with no GPO contracts, no training, no market competition research, while unable to get in the door of 95% of the hospitals out there, which are bound by GPO/Idn agreements which may not come up for bidding for 2 years.