OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My in-laws bought a condo two years ago for my SIL to live in as she finished school at ETSU. Just sold it for over 50% more than they paid.

gcbvol likes this.
  2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Did you purchase something from a kid named Marty or an absent-minded scientist?

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Often computers use GMT on their timestamps, and I bet that is what happened here.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Well, it's USPS, so that makes perfect sense.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Crazy! But I am entertaining the idea of retiring up there vs staying here in FL. It really is beautiful up there.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No. You left. You aren't allowed to move back.

gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. gcbvol

Fair, but it would cost me.

8. NorrisAlan

What does hubby think? Where is he from?

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'd be leery about moving back to tri-cities, gcb. Last I heard there were a TON of homos up there.

gcbvol likes this.
  10. gcbvol

Well, that's the question. He's from GA, but spent several years in TN. We'll need to talk through all our options. But, I do feel strongly about having retirement homebase in FL or TN.

11. gcbvol

UGH! Can't catch a break.

NYY likes this.
  12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Has anyone ever told you how beautiful and accepting eastern Kentucky is

SetVol13 and gcbvol like this.
  13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Mississippi is beautiful this time of year, too.

gcbvol likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you plan on living another 30 years, you will have less stress in tennessee. Florida is going to be the front lines of climate issues.

gcbvol likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's a lie GBC. Terrible climate issues here. It's 58 degrees near the end of April. It's terrible. You don't want to live here.

SetVol13, justingroves and gcbvol like this.
  16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

East TN is a national treasure.

gcbvol likes this.
  17. gcbvol

So much amazing input. You guys are awesome.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Speaking of climate change and TN, how in TF do we common ole Tennesseans band together in order to prevent Tennessee from ever becoming a full scale “alligator state”?

Maybe I’m just being a [ussy pay] as someone who has never lived amongst alligators. Afterall I know folks who have lived amongst gators that essentially call them “frogs with teeth” and find them wildly harmless overall. However I’m not like that and find those animals utterly horrifying. Surely in Davy Crockett and Dolly Parton’s good Tennessee name we can all agree that alligators calling our waterways home going forward is creepy as hell and ain’t something we Tennesseans signed up for. An alligator holocaust within the state of Tennessee should be strongly considered, the hell with any PETA and environmentalist pushback! Keeping TN alligator free is way more important than “the ecosystem” or whatever

https://www.tn.gov/twra/wildlife/reptiles/alligators.html

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
  19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

As someone who just outed myself as having a phobia of crocodilians, you should know that Nile Crocodiles are now being found in Florida. I’d take my chances battling the expansion of Alligators in far west TN with the rest of us as opposed to living in FL worrying about Nile freaking Crocodiles eating you while walking the dog one evening. At least Alligators will only want to eat your dog typically instead of you as well!

https://www.nps.gov/ever/learn/news/nile-crocodile-removed-from-everglades-national-park.htm

gcbvol likes this.
  20. NorrisAlan

I do not think it will ever be warm enough in the winters to ever have alligators in East Tennessee.