OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now, saltwater crocodiles would be another matter.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I moved my truck out of the front yard yesterday evening and about come out of my britches when I noticed the blacksnake that had slithered up onto the hood where I hadn't noticed. In my defense, it was close to six feet in length. I'd rather not have gators roaming about. I can image walking down to the creek behind the house and seeing one. If it does happen, I hope my heart survives the first time.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rat snake? I think all colubrids are good looking animals, but the eastern indigo is a true beauty that I wish I could have as a pet. Alas, not allowed in my state since wild ones are a protected species

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I think so. I'm not the world's foremost herpetologist by any means.
    IMG_20230427_181333760~2.jpg

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

This is probably the biggest we've seen in the pond behind our house. They come and go, but mainly see very young ones.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'd call that big, but I've only ever seen them behind a fence or glass.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My in laws have gators in the canal behind their house. I've not seen any yet, but FIL says they just stay down there and haven't come up around the house yet.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

How long did it take your truck to completely burn?

The Dooz likes this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’d have already sold it for pennies on the dollar at the very least.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

that dude needs some mice. He's sagging, coming out of winter. Ya, that is a beautiful rat snake.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Those canals breed iguanas too, which are nice meals for gators. So there may be no incentive to come up to the house.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They've not said anything at all about seeing any of those. I didn't even know there were any in Louisiana.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's a Chevy, so it's like that match light charcoal.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh sorry, I have Florida on the brain. Don't think they do

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

dey eat dem crawdads in Louisiana

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's three kinds of snake:

chicken snake (any non venomous kind)

Rattle snake

Copper head

Cotton mouth/water moccasin

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Substitute 'black" for "chicken" and you have have the Lawrence County varieties. That is unless you had an old timer tell the story of the buggy whip that would grab its tail in its mouth and roll like a buggy wheel and run your horses or the black racer that got after Uncle Frank in the cotton field one day and liked to out run him.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Well. Oldest son turned 18 today.

This is weird.

justingroves likes this.
  19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Ah congrats on the milestone though. An irresponsible amount of scratch off tickets is the only way to properly celebrate his newfound adulthood imo since you can't spit a dip with him in TN til age 21 now. 18 is a great year and time in life. Being an official adult while still having basically a child's brain can be both a lot of fun and scary! Nobody in the world ever thinks they are smarter than 18-21 year old males do. Good times haha

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
    justingroves likes this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Tell him congrats from me on being old enough to go to get drafted and killed for the DoD and being able to go to big boy prison, but not able to buy smokes or booze.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.