Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Drop the P5 OOC game requirement, and schedule teams to have 5 conference home games the years the teams play their ACC rivals on the road so they get 2 OOC games at home for 7 home games.

Done.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

1-7 would give the SEC a better chance at getting multiple teams in the playoffs I would think. That might be the push for that setup.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Fans would benefit from 3-6 so much better though.

Hahahahahahahaha, who am I kidding.

PilotFlyingJ and zehr27 like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't care as long as the vols are on top. I really don't. I just want the scalps.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Michigan State’s starting quarterback Payton Thorne and leading receiver for last year Keon Coleman both entered the portal today. That fully guaranteed $95 million that Tucker got last offseason looks like a great decision right about now.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Penn State - home of child rapists and quarterbacks with moxie -

justingroves likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sandusky had locker room shower moxie

utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I knew they [uck fay]ed up there. Paid up way too fast.

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Just checked out the week one schedule for the upcoming season. Outside of LSU-FSU on Sunday, it is awful. Like truly awful.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

What if someone else also claimed to be Cocky, and they had an imposter? No one would know the real one!

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Stetson bennett never graduated from UGA. What a disgrace. Was in college since 2017.

SetVol13, justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Jalen Hurts just got a Masters from OU. And he's a year younger than Bennett.

I took 6 years in undergrad too, but at least I left with 3 majors and enough credits for like 5 minors (UT only let you officially declare a total of 4 Majors/minors combo when I was there, might have changed though).

SetVol13, justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  16. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

He had to either be failing too many classes to have actually stayed eligible or he just wasn’t taking enough classes per semester. I mean surely athletes have to be full time students, no?

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

They also have to take at least 1 class over the summer to participate in summer camp. It's impressive really.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kept changing majors, and took every set of into classes in existence I guess.

justingroves likes this.
  19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'm surprised they didn't just UNC him into a degree. I was going to nickname him Tommy Boy but even he graduated from college.

InVolNerable likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think walk ons have to be full time students