Tenacious D on Gruden

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

2. Beechervol

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

****ing helluva ride

4. WM

WM Active Member

What are you hearing via the back channels of your modded Xbox?

5. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I still have no idea why people think Gruden is using UT for leverage. He gets NFL inquiries every year, he doesn't need to go the college route to pique the interest of the Chargers or Eagles. Besides, if he's just trying to look in demand, why squash the Arkansas stuff so quickly?

7. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Gruden name is already out there so that line of thinking is absurd.
    In reference LWS post of course.

8. Beechervol

Grudens name has been out for years for NFL gigs he didn't need UT to get his name back out or for leverage.

9. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Exactly. Just ask Rick Venturi who I know for a fact is a good friend of Gruden.

10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Sounds like babyvol and Tenny may know the same people.

11. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I got my buddy off the ledge with this argument coupled with the reporter from TFP. He's not buying message board stuff right now so just talked to him about the fishiness in the public domain.

You sneaky bastard, how did you get in my house and snap a pic of me without being seen?

12. Beechervol

I may be foolish for staying connected but I don't think its over yet. strictly MO.

13. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Patience is a virtue. After this Dooley debacle,Tennessee will not allow this opportunity to slip away.
    Money people became successful not because they were incompetent business people.

14. Beechervol

Sports Shmorts: Dave Hart vs. UT boosters? If so, who wins?

15. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

(Daddy sang Bass)

Daddy wore chains
    Momma wore leather
    Me and little brother were handcuffed together.....

16. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

There's nothing foolish about it... No denial from Gruden, just a weak quote from his agent and no denial by UT. I've posted before (with links) that Gruden, personally, denied being interested in the job the last two times. And the denials were specific with no way to misinterpret what he meant.

Compare and contrast those last two with his denial this time and his agent's comments.... Very weak and UnGruden-like.

Couple that with the TFP reporter putting his [penis] on the line, the laughing at the mere mention of Gruden's name last week by Knoxville media and then a complete 180 this week. Then, the day that many were speculating an announcement, the story has a wet blanket thrown on it, but still nothing direct from Gruden.

Nothing adds up and leads you to believe that he's still in play, to me, that is the only logical conclusion. I'll believe we aren't getting Gruden if and only if someone else is introduced at a press conference as our next head coach.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If nyy followed weird al's career path.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I read his post and immediately though... "This is going to come back to me."

You didn't let me down, inV.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If he started stutter typing, he could be our Roger.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I do what i can.