Tenacious D on Gruden

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 30, 2012.

1. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Where's huffman? When a really good troll job is underway I always look for the huffster.

I know nobody on here wants Jimbo - at least they haven't admitted to it. But I will tell you this. I have a close friend that coached with him for a few years that remains friends with him. That's not worth hiring the guy, but the inside info on the program might make it more interesting. If it ended up being him I kind of look at it as him taking his lumps learning how to be the guy in charge at FSU's expense. Hopefully the learning curve would be behind him. Trying to spin it as best as I can.

2. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I'd be lying if I said I liked our odds after today of landing Gruden. I have no doubt that Tenny has just passed along what he's learned throughout the process with the best due diligence possible. I just hope Hart hasn't ****ed this up and it's not too late to land the coach that can give us instant credibility. Regardless, this is a great site and will be whether our AD lands a great coach or not.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols New Member

Good Lord, Gruden's not coming and never was...

...give it a rest with the "Gruden still might be a Vol" justifications.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

When Tenny first posted about the possibility of Gruden to UT, I honestly thought it was a ploy to get more hits and registered users for the site. Then the things he detailed started to fall in line and I started to believe. The last few days have tested that faith immensely. I now have my reservations about it happening but still believe that there is a chance.

I no longer believe in any way that this was a ploy and I appreciate all the info that Tenny and others have brought forth on the subject.

As I told an acquaintance (he has ridiculed me the entire time), I believe that one of the things have or are taking place.

1. Jon Gruden will be the next coach at UT.

2. We are witnessing one of the greatest smoke screens ever executed in a coaching search.

3. UT is about to hang themselves by blowing a golden opportunity.

5. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

...no.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If this board is not to your liking, GTFO.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

**** you

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I still roll with Tenny until proven otherwise.

10. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

This all of it.

11. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

I have a feeling you really enjoy the taste of [penis]

12. Brutus

Brutus Banned

Trust me, he has tried to beat it out of me! LOL

13. dyer_maker

dyer_maker New Member

I'm sure we'll find out next week this was all just a silly mix-up. The 'You have to call me daddy' clause was reversed or something along those lines.

14. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

Tenny didn't promise us anything. He provided information from a source he believed was providing accurate information. much of what he reported has happened. No question that discussions have occurred between People representing UT and Gruden. No one except the people involved knows what has happened in those discussions or what will happen. Attacking someone for providing information they have been provided and believe to be true is stupid. Tenny was never in a position to promise us that Gruden would be hired. However, he provided information we all wanted, as it gave some insight into our chances of getting a home run coach. if Hart killed that chance, he won,t be long at UT unless he is extremely lucky in hiring someone that can bring this program back to where it should be. No one but Gruden will excite the fan base at this point. I also provided information from a source who I believe completely who indicated Gruden was not likely to be our next coach. I have always hope that he was wrong, but do not question that his information was completely true as he knew it to be. Attacking Tennyson or any one else who is providing information they believe to be true and calling out this site simply reflects on your intelligence in an extremely negative manner.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Not vouching for credibility, just passing it along.

Its not anything that hasn't really been covered. Maybe a sign the $ is not done with it. IDK

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

The guy should have told him how to spell Haslam's name.

17. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Attacking Tennyson or any one else who is providing information they believe to be true and calling out this site simply reflects on your intelligence in an extremely negative manner.

agree ... but more like lack of intelligence
    TD keep your info coming, makes this site interesting!
    True Vol fans understand this decision determines the direction we take at our crossroad.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm usually very skeptical of things like this and would have been off the train by now. For whatever reason, I trust the Grudenites. If I'm proven a fool, so be it. Wouldn't be the first time.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  19. Beechervol

corner36 is allegedly Buck Fitzgerald

AD spin machine is on the heavy cycle.

20. Beechervol