"Intelligent Design" and "Irreducible complexity"

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jul 3, 2013.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

As a child. Point?

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Gross is an interesting choice.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ha. I'm of the belief that if a loving god exists he doesn't send good men to hell.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What makes a man good? Pretty vague requirements. Arguable, even.

Know what would be better? A binary system, where either you met one simple requirement, or not. Oh, wait.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Doing the right thing far more often then not. Not being sure god exists or being gay doesn't make someone a bad man.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Of course it doesn't.

But it seems, at least to me, that if I were the deity you were wanting, one that considers life choices to be the most important indicator, I'd send you were you believe. Seems most fair.

Why send a non believer to heaven, when they could just cease to exist, as they desire?

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

There's a nobel peace prize among other things waiting on your explanation and proof when you're ready to enlighten the rest of the world. Until then, try to realize the hypocritical nature of calling my beliefs magic.

8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Kinda like the scales of Islam?

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Couldnt quote you float, Limbo is an interesting theory.

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

God's definition of good and your definition of good are two different things.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't agree

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

What is it that you don't agree with specifically?

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If the loving christian god exists, i refuse to believe he sends people to hell for being gay and/or not being sure he exists (or believing in allah or whatever). loving creatures aren't royal *******s.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

People go to hell because they refuse to accept the atonement He provided for our sinful nature in Jesus Christ. An atonement that make no mistake was not owed to us but provided to us out of love. We are all sinful by nature which makes us destined for death. The Bible is pretty clear on what is required to be saved and who is worthy to enter the Kingdom of God without it.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atonement_(moral_influence_view)

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Saying i don't know and saying it has to be the work of an unseen super being is not the same.

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

This is much in line with my feelings as well. I understand the vengeance stuff, but I cannot personally rationalize how vengeance trumps love. I don't wish to be disrespectful, but what would we think about another human who tossed a petulant child into a fire as punishment? What would we call a person like that? Now think about a creator who would toss 'children' into fire and torment for all eternity. Something like that would tell me vengeance > love.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'm not sure what you're trying to show me but either way if you want to dispute that notion please use Scripture as that is the source to begin with. I think this makes it pretty clear:

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Romans 8:3-4 - "For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit."

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm not sure how that proves your point. i don't see the part where he says "whoever doesn't believe in him shall go to hell" or "if you don't believe in him you can't go to heaven." jesus certainly was concerned very much with good deeds and morals and less so with worship of god.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  20. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

In its simplest form, you either choose to believe or not believe.