You know, I tried to defend "Brick by Brick"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by gorockytop101, Aug 1, 2013.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The best thing the new staff could do for the defense right now is keep it simple, keep it vanilla so they don't have to think too much.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

bUTch please, the Butcher already cherry picking his bricks. GBFO

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I heard Mark Stoops is using the brick thing now. #Butchpleasegetyourowncatchphrase

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Getting gashed by Florida's slow H-back last year was all on the defense being out of position and no containment than it was lack of speed - the only defenders on the field who can't beat that kid in a race were our DTs.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Any stride will look immense after last season though

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Trey Burton?

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Either Burton or Reed - always get them mixed up.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think our defense will be a step or two quicker this year just by not having to think so much. We're not going to be confused with an elite defense, but we should at least look quicker.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Burton was torching Tennessee on the ground, Reed was running wide open through the secondary

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Burton.

11. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Hipsters cause violent impulses in me. Those large gauges are going to look awesome as a 40+ year old. I suppose the taxpayers will have to fund the cosmetic surgery required to fix those mutilated ears when they wake up and realize it's stupid and preventing them from participating in any over minimum wage jobs.

12. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Deion Bonner?

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

No, this guy probably wasn't as classy as Deion Bonner

14. Because UT's piss poor defense will be on the field. Remember, these are basically the same guys who damn near gave up 50 points to Troy last year.

15. NashVol

NashVol New Member

Will we have a championship caliber defense this year? No. Will it be the worst defense in school history like last year? No. I realize the personnel are largely the same - the scheme and coaching are completely different (Thanks goodness). Will it be frustrating to watch them sometimes? Absolutely. Do I expect our D-coordinators to be good? No. Will it be a continuation of last season? No.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This year the defense will probably belike getting kicked in the shins as opposed to the testicles. An improvement but ya know.

17. NashVol

NashVol New Member

IOW, it should be good enough for 6-7 wins, including a possible upset in Gainesville (at least, theoretically).

18. I don't see how they can compete with UF. There's no chance this offense gets more than 20 points against that defense, and I doubt even an improved UT defense holds them to that few points.

19. NashVol

NashVol New Member

They likely don't. But as far as any team we beat to be considered an "upset", UF is the most likely. That doesn't mean its very likely we will actually win that game, just more likely than beating Oregon, Alabama, or UGA.

I guess South Carolina might be considered an upset and more likely than beating Florida. I don't know.

20. Given our roster, I'd consider any SEC wins other than UK to be upsets. It's mind boggling to think that way, but we really have fallen that far IMO.