You know, I tried to defend "Brick by Brick"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by gorockytop101, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

2. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

our D up the middle will be good from the 2 DT, mlb, ss, fs, especially with Randolph back. We were poorly coached, already slow, and slower due to being unsure and thinking about who has what responsibility instead of playing at full speed, and not even caring at times last year. We have the leader back in Randolph, we will be thinking less, so we will be faster, plus our 4.7 corners won't be on the field. Looks like we are going to play some young guys at corner, which is fine with me. If we can get decent cb play, continue to see Sapp all over the field, and find one DE that can set the corner but also get up the field and pressure the qb, our D could win us a game or two.

I'm sure that's going to go over really well.

3. MWR

MWR Contributor

I'm not sure anything is back on the rails, yet.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm not seeing it. Just prove that you're not in over your head and then recruits will be sold on his pitch of bringing UT back.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We start 3-5 and 3 of our last 4 are capable of beating us. Seven is the ceiling.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Recruiting is there.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Correct.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Recruiting is where it was till Phil became obsessed with the De La Salles and Don Boscos of the world

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

god bless this guy

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/198925-our-chances-oregon-22.html

Last year if we keep the 4-3 and coach Wilcox we are a 9-10 win ball team and end up the year ranked in the top 20. Which would have everyone looking at this team differently this year. This team is far better than last years record showed. Because of that Oregon is going to overlook us and go into this game thinking its a easy win and why shouldn't they ? The last time we played you beat us soundly and we haven't had a winning season in 3 years.

On the flip side our team is embarrassed about last year and has something to prove. This will be a shockingly different team this year compared to last year. Coach Butch Jones and staff are doing something really, really special up on the Hill and this team is energized and hungry. I have been a college football fan for about 47 years now and I have never seen anything quite like whats going on in Knoxville.

The Tennessee team that will walk out on the field in Oregon will be fired up and far more talented then the Ducks expect. For the first time in years they will believe in themselves and they will be ready to play for 4 quarters. They might get beat but they will play like champions.

The question is, will the Ducks be able to adjust in time.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That guy has watched way too many corny sports movies

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[​IMG]

12. hatvol96

That does read like some shitty screenwriter pitching a mash up of Remember The Titans, The Mighty Ducks, and The Bad News Bears Breaking Training.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's sad.

I do think the players don't ****ing hate Butch, so there's that

14. hatvol96

I think Jones has done a good job of connecting with the players and selling his vision. That's great, but it doesn't make the current roster any more talented. As I've said, I'm going to judge this season on the Auburn and Vanderbilt games. Win Both=Success. Split=Push. Lose Both=Start Wondering Who's Next.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That's awesome. I want to meet that guy.

In the meantime, can someone contact Oregon and notify them about the buzzsaw they're about to run into? I don't know if they'll have enough time to prepare at this point, but it's still the humane thing to do.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

17. hatvol96

People act like having a team that doesn't toss in the towel at the first sign of adversity is a gift. It should be the [dadgum] baseline.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Beaten wife syndrome.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I really dread that aspect of this year. Vast improvements to get us to ground level that any coach above pop Warner should be able to do are going to be viewed way too positively.

20. hatvol96

It enrages me. Other than the occasional outlier game, Dooley is the only UT coach in my lifetime to have a team collectively pull the plug on him. Our fans now want to hand out accolades for what should be the bare minimum standard.