This is just stupid, imho.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't think there are many areas to where the consumers don't have other options. If anything I would think a Wal-mart would have a Multiplier effect to an area.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's a basic tenet of Capitalism.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Racism

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't see how rock bottom prices even remotely hurts the consumer. Walmart isn't running people out of business because they are doing anything remotely illegal. They have by far the most efficient distribute system of any major retailer and it shows in their prices.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Local cities don't offer tax subsidies because walmarts ruin the local economy. Quite the opposite. A walmart can easily result in 7 figures of annual tax revenue for a local city.

6. JayVols

Did I claim they were doing anything illegal? If so, quote it.

And how long do rock bottom prices last typically if you're the only show in town?

Are you really arguing against competition?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Do you have any evidence that Walmart raises prices after they drive out the local competition?

How is this being against competition? Competition is was resulted in the outcome in the first place.

8. JayVols

Nevermind.

Oil/water.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You are asking to restrict completion

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Walmart is good for local economies. This is just getting retarded.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

India? The only thing that made India the richest country is that they had a lot of people in the pre-industrial age. Their biggest problem, otherwise, was being raped by a colonial power.

17. JayVols

Not at all. I welcome it.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It isn't unwelcome. If you are proposing someone come in and beat Wal-Mart at their own game, it's going to require some serious innovation. Otherwise the only way to get by is for a community to decide that lower prices and bigger selection aren't more important than what a local small business offers. So, location would be key there.

What are you suggesting?

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think we might need to walk through this one.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No it wasn't. India was the wealthiest nation and most advanced for ages. It's why people were seeking routes to India.