The Scourge of Voter Fraud

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Apr 1, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

We should call in The Carter Foundation. Jimmy will get to the bottom of it.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I read up on some of the cases and they didn't realize they hadn't been cleared to vote. I took it more as stupidity than fraudulence. But, supposing they were just lying and were intentionally trying to fraudulently vote, it's 5 random people from across the state. That's a really shitty and wholly ineffective manipulation of an election.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

ostrich land again. We have purposefully allowed a set of rules that allows for voter fraud in the name of easy access. If you want to presume it's essentially non-existent, do so. I don't buy it. Both sides are being silly about this. There is plenty of room to preclude voter fraud and I can't imagine a single excuse for ignoring all of them.

How am I choosing my reality? There is voter fraud in every election, counting and voting. Ignoring based upon counting company data is ridiculous. All of the info we have regarding voter fraud is steeped in data being provided by people bent on perpetuating the system. It makes no sense to rely upon the fox to keep the hen house safe because he says the hens are all fine.

4. JayVols

I blame electronic voting machines.

5. Unimane

It isn't ostrich land to argue against a position that is unsupported by anything other than the idea that it "could" be a problem, despite the fact that actual forays into the matter have produced evidence to the contrary.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How rampant would voter denial be were photo IDs required?

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So rather than eliminate the problem with a simple practice for which the infrastructure already exists to implement, you'd prefer to allow this discussion to continue indefinitely.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

our government continually foists upon everyone costs and processes that are based upon hypotheticals and silliness. The difference here is that the government knows for certain that preventable fraud happens. Knee jerk reactions giving us safety procedures steeped in a Darwin Award Winner type scenario are daily events. Hell, the whole EPA is a hypothetical crap organization.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The proof:

[youtube]IoWJkrlptNs[/youtube]

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

So why not do the ink thing Iraq and other countries used to at least prevent people voting multiple times at different locations?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is the perfect time to talk about climate change.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Burning rivers and smog-choked skies aren't hypothetical, they're historical conditions of the 70's. Go walk around in Beijing and talk about how the EPA is crap.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Identification for voting doesn't cost trillions

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

We spend a lot to prevent meltdowns and nuclear war.

15. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

"765 voters with an exact match of first and last name, date of birth, and last four digits of the social security number were registered in N.C. and another state, and voted in N.C. and the other state in the 2012 general election.
    35,750 voters with the same first and last name and date of birth were registered in N.C. and another state, and voted in both states in the 2012 general election.
    Those findings only include data from the 28 states which participated in the 2014 Interstate Crosscheck."

Some or many may be a coincidence of having the the same name and birth date (how many smiths and jones are part of that list?) However I voted in NC when I lived there and still own my home there. I am now a full time resident of SC. I have never been purged from the nc voter registration base. It is conceivable to vote in both states.

16. JayVols

So, we only do important things if they're not expensive?

We never should have pursued the Manhattan Project, NASA, the Marshall Plan, have a military, etc.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm happy to walk anywhere and call the EPA crap. It's a garbage leech among many government leeches.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

stop this silliness. Doesn't happen because an Iowa study concluded that only 5 people cheated. The NSA can pull up my fourth phone call from Feb 2, 2011 but we can't keep people from voting multiple times across state lines. It's probably because there isn't a problem. Just ask the government and they'll tell you. Hell, ask the folks putting the polls together, they'll confirm too.

19. Unimane

"Bob Hall of the liberal watchdog group Democracy North Carolina said the public shouldn’t jump to conclusions until more details about the numbers are known. Hall said election investigators have repeatedly found poll worker errors and other explanations in cases that first appeared to be dead people voting or residents of other states casting ballots in North Carolina."

Again, the only people looking into this are government agencies?

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not that much